MT5 demo test and forward...

Anybody successfully demo test MT5 with good profits???

If you are PROFITABLE and NOT secretive, what indicators and strategies do you use?

ckingher posted  :

Anybody successfully demo test MT5 with good profits???

If you are PROFITABLE and NOT secretive, what indicators and strategies do you use?

Many, or even most, successful MT4 EAs have very simple strategies.  Their success comes from their simplicity, which makes them less likely to be over-optimised in backtesting and therefore more likely to repeat profitable behaviour in future.  This type of EA can be coded equally in MQL4 or MQL5, although Object Oriented MQL5 code will be much easier to write and maintain.

My hope is that the MQL5 strategy tester will enable the development of multipair and cross-domain EAs, and this will be unique to MQL5.

I am forward testing two simple MQL5 EAs at my blog here, complete with all code, in conjunction with a beta version of my Virtual Order Manager.  If you look back through the blog history you'll see strategy tester results, and comments on them, using the identical strategies written in MT4.  When the MQL5 strategy tester is made available, I expect it will produce almost identical results.  I have been running the Support Resistance EA live with profitable results for about 18 months.

The main reason for the MQL5 forward tests is to test the VOM code, not the EA strategies  Because MT5 is in beta, every now and then I re-start, so the current test hasn't been running for long.

Paul 

I guess you are right.  Simplicity can make conversion from MT4 to MT5 easier.

Bravo! Stick to whatever works for you.

Personally, I always have difficulties with simplicity. 

If simplicity was the real deal, we would all still be riding wagons with horses.

Thank God smart people know how to create fast trains, trucks, jets, boats, lamborghini, etc.... 

Anyway, I am still thinking about a real genuine trading strategy for MQL5.

Hey, I believe a new car deserves new accessories and not junks from a station wagon.

Besides this, I am more of a MT4 diehard than MT5. 

ckingher:

I guess you are right.  Simplicity can make conversion from MT4 to MT5 easier.

Bravo! Stick to whatever works for you.

Personally, I always have difficulties with simplicity. 

If simplicity was the real deal, we would all still be riding wagons with horses.

Thank God smart people know how to create fast trains, trucks, jets, boats, lamborghini, etc.... 

Anyway, I am still thinking about a real genuine trading strategy for MQL5.

Hey, I believe a new car deserves new accessories and not junks from a station wagon.

Besides this, I am more of a MT4 diehard than MT5. 

Just give it time.  Once that tester comes out, you will see lots of developer jump on the MT5 train.   The quantum leap is comming!
Reason: