TERMINAL_DATA_PATH problem

Hello MetaQuotes,

- when i do a backtest, TERMINAL_DATA_PATH returns a location below tester -> tester..../mql5/..

where no expert advisor located.

- when applying EA to a chart, TERMINAL_DATA_PATH  returns a location below terminal -> terminal

So in different situations  TERMINAL_DATA_PATH  returns different values.

Can you fix this please ? 

Read the article  Fast Dive into MQL5 and follow advice:

MetaTrader 5 terminal web installer can be downloaded from the official website via the link https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt5/mt5setup.exe. MetaTrader 5 terminal installation is easy enough. All is done in a few clicks. But we recommend that you install the terminal on any drive, except the one where Windows operating system is installed. The reason is that Microsoft has implemented the new system for user actions control starting with Windows Vista - UAC.

Thus, if you are not experienced in system administration or you do not like to navigate through many hidden folders, specify the terminal installation folder away from Program Files to allow the data terminal to be stored in the same directory with MetaTrader 5 terminal. For example, install the terminal on drive D:\, if the operating system is installed on drive C:\.

More information about the differences in the modes of MetaTrader 5 operation depending on the installation path can be found in Getting Started → Start Terminal section of the built-in user guide.

Rosh:

Read the article  Fast Dive into MQL5 and follow advice:

Thank you. Important information. Unfortunately, i have only 1 partition. In addition, i don't believe that this problem is related to how Windows handles access privileges of installed programs.

No, it seems that MQ basically holds resources used during  test twice, like historical data.