MT4 Market Watch and Action is Frozen

Hi there,

When I opened MT4 just now, it said 'no connection' on the bottom right. So I clicked on "rescan servers", and the no connection message went away.

Market watch is still frozen. No candle movement. What do I need to do? I obviously have an internet connection, as I am using the same PC right now to make this post.

Thanks,

Lorraine 

Lorraine Pierce:

Hi there,

When I opened MT4 just now, it said 'no connection' on the bottom right. So I clicked on "rescan servers", and the no connection message went away.

Market watch is still frozen. No candle movement. What do I need to do? I obviously have an internet connection, as I am using the same PC right now to make this post.

Thanks,

Lorraine 

If its a demo account then probably your broker disabled it and you need to create a new one. If its a real account then re-insert your account no. and password with the correct server address.

Lorraine Pierce:

Hi there,

Thanks,

Lorraine 

Try restart platform and check you internet connection and your firewall settings also. (antivirus maybe)

Nitin Raj:
If its a demo account then probably your broker disabled it and you need to create a new one. If its a real account then re-insert your account no. and password with the correct server address.
Yes it is a demo account. FXCM stated they were having server issues. All better now. 

If re-scan server doesn't work then you need to first ask help from broker because during off days they upgrades servers or maintenance

second you need to uninstall MT4 and install it again it happens mostly and it's a normal case  

Lorraine Pierce:

Hi there,

Thanks,

Lorraine 

check you enter your broker's server address correctly
Reason: