Martingale Systems ...

• 15% (9)
  • 26% (16)
  • 26% (16)
  • 19% (12)
  • 15% (9)
Total voters: 41

Profitable if the pair is ranging

With only 10 votes so far, I think the results of this poll already speaks volumes......

Just a loosing recipe.

Stuart Browne:
With only 10 votes so far, I think the results of this poll already speaks volumes......
Stu, I think no increase knowledge ^_^

Roberto Jacobs:
Stu, I think no increase knowledge ^_^
:)

The result is clear, but I perceive many people still believe in Martingale systems. There is divided opinion although the majority agrees in their uselessness as a Forex Strategy. In the end Martingale is not investing or forex, is more like playing with luck. Trending markets will always anihilate a martingale Strategy and all markets trend some day. 

Tomas Rodriguez Doherty:
The result is clear, but I perceive many people still believe in Martingale systems. There is divided opinion although the majority agrees in their uselessness as a Forex Strategy. In the end Martingale is not investing or forex, is more like playing with luck. Trending markets will always anihilate a martingale Strategy and all markets trend some day. 

Martingale can be a good earner if used with a good strategy and as a money management not a trading strategy. The reason why it fails with most people is simple: you cannot make a bad strategy in a good one...

But combined martingale and and hedging with a good strategy can be very profitable.... 

Ales Vidergar:

Martingale can be a good earner if used with a good strategy and as a money management not a trading strategy. The reason why it fails with most people is simple: you cannot make a bad strategy in a good one...

But combined martingale and and hedging with a good strategy can be very profitable.... 

absolutely agree..

Sorry for a newbie question ... what do you mean with "hedging" here? Do you mean to hedge the forex positions with currency options ... or do you mean opening a position in the opposite direction to the currently hold positions?

Attila.K:
Sorry for a newbie question ... what do you mean with "hedging" here? Do you mean to hedge the forex positions with currency options ... or do you mean opening a position in the opposite direction to the currently hold positions?
Hedging means having buy and sell open. 
What I mean together is something like this. 
You sell and buy with lots 0.1 both with let's say 30pip tp. If price goes up, tp is hit for buy and there is another buy and sell with 0.14 with tp buy 30 pips. If it goes up, another sell and buy at buy tp and so on. If the price goes down, you close when the total profit for buy and sell is let's say 30 pips. Something like this along side a strategy would be a good idea. 
Reason: