How long does an EA take to start trading?

I built an EA with equations that should never amount to a loss. in other words it should only profit. 

my question is how long should it take to make it's first trade.

euro/usd MA1= 10, MA2 = 20 distance between = 9 , while profit is greater than zero and less than minimum TP distance if it reverses by 1 pip the trade closes with profit on hand. else if profit is greater than min TP distance the minimum trail stop is activated. and thats all there is to it.

Reco Daley:

I built an EA with equations that should never amount to a loss. in other words it should only profit. 

my question is how long should it take to make it's first trade.

euro/usd MA1= 10, MA2 = 20 distance between = 9 , while profit is greater than zero and less than minimum TP distance if it reverses by 1 pip the trade closes with profit on hand. else if profit is greater than min TP distance the minimum trail stop is activated. and thats all there is to it.

Really depends on the market conditions. Could be few minutes or few months : P and always closing with profit is impossible. There is spread and broker commission to take into consideration. 

Every trade starts with a loss due to spread and/or commissions. How much of a loss depends your bróker, the speed of your connection, and your type of account.  Paper trade your system on a DEMO account for a while and you will know more about how your EA will reach to the conditions you build into the entry signal as well as the exit.  Remember that if the EA can't meet all your conditions it will do nothing.  Your DEMO will tell you a lot.

As you said that you're the coder of the EA, then you are the only one who can answer your specific question!.

Thanks for the advice back then. I learnt a lot.
Reason: