what is _Point ????

I've read the documentation, and looked at some examples of code, but still not sure what this guy does. Help!

Is it the same as _Digits?

theDUDE:

I've read the documentation, and looked at some examples of code, but still not sure what this guy does. Help!

Is it the same as _Digits?

Hi theDude,

In MQL programming, Point is the smallest unit of price change, for example, price in EURUSD change every 0.00001, while price in GBPJPY change every 0.001.

Digits is the number of digit after decimal point for Point. LOL - I know that confusing, but please blame that to English :). In simple English, Digits tells how many number after decimal point for Point. With example above, Point in EURUSD has 5 digit after decimal point while Point in GBPJPY has 3 digit after decimal point .

In any financial programming, Point is derived from basis point (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basis_point). 

I'd like to draw a pic, but I aint good painter, so I highlighted the text instead, hopes that helps, maybe later I draw it.

Basis point - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Basis point - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • en.wikipedia.org
per ten thousand sign A basis point (often denoted as bp, colloquially referred to in the plural as "bips", also known as a "beep"1) is a unit equal to one hundredth of a percentage point,23 or one part per ten thousand, 1/10000. The same unit is also (rarely) called a permyriad, literally meaning 'for (every) myriad (ten thousand)'. If...
Reason: