Exact same EA, different brokers, different results.............. - page 5

Tilen #:
Dear Everyone,

It has now passed some time and i hope you are doing well. I came to a same situation as fractalfreak making my ea in fxpro quant and then backtesting it on the fxpro platform. I repeated the backtest on a Pepperstone platform which would give me the lowest trading cost outthere, and got some different results in the backtesting which i disregarded at first although they showed differences in profits in the level of 1000:1. I disregarded them at first due to the fact that the backtest in fxpro lasted 10min for 2month period / 5min timeframe and in Pepperstone lasted for 30sec. I went and budgeted both of the accounts, rented 2 servers and pressed play. On the first day all looked well for ea at fxpro but the ea at Pepperstone was behaving oddly - making some trades intra bar, not at close. So let it work some more time i thought and left it over night, in the morging half of the buget was gone and on the live chart i was able to see that the ea at Pepperstone was opening trades intra bar although it has Shiftback 1, plus when SL was hit on the partial trades it immediately opened new trades as per money management before even closing the old ones. Ea works as it should on fxpro, opens at closed bar, closes when conditions meet (stops all partial positions when SL hits) and then waits for contra conditions to open. But wait this is not all, after 2 days of testing live, i first shut down the ea at Pepperstone on the metaquotes server, and proceeded in the fxpro quant to chnage Shiftback to 2 on all indicators in use, and first pressed backtest to check but got a straight 60 degree decline line from 10k to zero, ok dookie, i then proceeded to do the backtest on the original ea at the exact same dates/every tick/all the same but got the same 60 degree decline line to zero instead of small profit as it showed repeatedly in the bactests. Fractalfreak made the same observation that his ea was opening trades intrabar instead of closed bar, that is what took half of my budget away. Does anyone else have the same issues, and how would one fix this? Thank you!

At Pepperstone they put me on a special server that was not on the Mt4 list of Pepperstone servers, had to write it in 😀
Had same problem, I've used same EA on different brokers and in the fact not every EA works with every broker. ECN or CFD there is huge difference, first in routing. From where broker pull out the price of the pair that you see. It's actually obvious because when you compare prices of the same pair with different brokers they will always show different price, even for a single pip. Reason for this is that they have different infrastructure and you need to find best infrastructure for your EA. Then you have difference in filters that are most common for CFD - great example for filter difference is RSI that is not same on different brokers, maybe they will appear same but they all have different filter from what they pull information between brokers. Their slightly indiference can be fatal for EA as you mentioned in earlier situations. Not every broker is good for EA despite great features they may have, on the other side if your EA is based on Forex pairs, RAW ECN broker can do much better as it will provide you with no deviation - but if you think the other way some EA can take advantage of the broker who provide deviation. It's all about perspective...
Reason: