How to ask and indicator to look for empty buffeer value

Hi, I am trying to code an indicator which looks for a change in NonlagMA.

However I keep running into trouble because when the NOnlagMA changes or thinks about changing direction it will populate the Bufferr for both UP and DOWN.

Assumning I am looking for Up signal. I can tell the indicator to look at look at the UP buffer and when this is pouplated, to then look at previous value (shift 1) to make sure it was a down value.

That works. the problem occurs on the next candle which also fulfils this criteria, because the candle that has a change populates both UP and DOWN buffer.

I only want the one signal. Am I able to use a command such as   == EMPTY_VALUE  to look for an empty buffer.

I tried this but I run into trouble.

Is there any other way to tell MQ4 code to make sure there is no value in the Buffer?

Thanks in advance.

Please show the relevant code.

&& iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, "NonLagMAv8", NLPrice, NL1Length, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1+i) == EMPTY_VALUE

sergiodv:
&& iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, "NonLagMAv8", NLPrice, NL1Length, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1+i) == EMPTY_VALUE
And what is the problem ?

I don't get a signal when I am supposed to, so I was just wondering if there was something wrong with the logic

sergiodv:

I don't get a signal when I am supposed to, so I was just wondering if there was something wrong with the logic

{
      if (i >= MathMin(5000-1, rates_total-1-50)) continue; //omit some old rates to prevent "Array out of range" or slow calculation  
      //Indicator Buffer 1
      if(iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, "NonLagMAv8", NLPrice, NL1Length, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, i) != 0 && iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, "NonLagMAv8", NLPrice, NL1Length, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, i) != EMPTY_VALUE //NonLagMAv8 is not equal to fixed value
      && iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, "NonLagMAv8", NLPrice, NL1Length, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 2, 1+i) != 0 && iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, "NonLagMAv8", NLPrice, NL1Length, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 2, 1+i) != EMPTY_VALUE //NonLagMAv8 is not equal to fixed value
//    && iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, "NonLagMAv8", NLPrice, NL1Length, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1+i) != 0 && iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, "NonLagMAv8", NLPrice, NL1Length, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1+i) != EMPTY_VALUE //NonLagMAv8 is not equal to fixed value
//    && iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, "NonLagMAv8", NLPrice, NL1Length, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 2, 2+i) != 0 && iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, "NonLagMAv8", NLPrice, NL1Length, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 2, 2+i) != EMPTY_VALUE //NonLagMAv8 is not equal to fixed value
      && iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, "NonLagMAv8", NL2Price, NL2Length, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, i) != 0 && iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, "NonLagMAv8", NL2Price, NL2Length, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, i) != EMPTY_VALUE //NonLagMAv8 is not equal to fixed value
      )
        {
         Buffer1[i] = Low[i] - iATR(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, 14, i) - ArrowPos * myPoint; //Set indicator value at Candlestick Low - Average True Range - fixed value
      //   if(i == 0 && Time[0] != time_alert) { myAlert("indicator", "Buy"); time_alert = Time[0]; } //Instant alert, only once per bar
           if(i == 1 && Time[1] != time_alert) myAlert("indicator", "Buy"); //Alert on next bar open
        }

I need to refresh the screen to see the signal

Is it also possible for the system to look for 2 buffers on a particular candle. For example it is not uncommon for NonLagMA to have 2 buffer entries for both UP and DOWN on the same candle when it is changing.

So is my statement below logically correct for the system to look one candle back and for it to have a value in BUY and SELL buffer, or does this confuse the system.

iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, "NonLagMAv8", NLPrice, NL1Length, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 2, 1+i) != 0 && iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, "NonLagMAv8", NLPrice, NL1Length, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 2, 1+i) != EMPTY_VALUE //NonLagMAv8 is not equal to fixed value
&& iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, "NonLagMAv8", NLPrice, NL1Length, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1+i) != 0 && iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, "NonLagMAv8", NLPrice, NL1Length, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1+i) != EMPTY_VALUE //NonLagMAv8 is not equal to fixed value

Reason: