Compatibility of MT4 & MT 5 in terms of expert advisor feature

Dear All,

I have got some mq4 files (saved as a template file) which I have been using in my MT 4 for creating automatic BUY - SELL alerts.

I copied those files into MT 5 respective folders, but those files are working, meaning not giving auto alerts. Rather the template created in MT 4 is not able to map in MT 5.

Can anyone of you please tell me that how can I map the template and use the auto-alert feature in MT 5 also..

Thanks in advance,

Warm Regards,

Abhay.

Pune, India. 

abyvaidya@gmail.com 

abyvaidya:

Dear All,

I have got some mq4 files (saved as a template file) which I have been using in my MT 4 for creating automatic BUY - SELL alerts.

I copied those files into MT 5 respective folders, but those files are working, meaning not giving auto alerts. Rather the template created in MT 4 is not able to map in MT 5.

Can anyone of you please tell me that how can I map the template and use the auto-alert feature in MT 5 also..

Thanks in advance,

Warm Regards,

Abhay.

Pune, India. 

@gmail.com 

Hi abyvaidya,

1. Don't show your email, unless you want to get spams. You can set your email on your profile though.

2. This must be your typo

I copied those files into MT 5 respective folders, but those files are working, meaning not giving auto alerts. 

did you mean "... but those files are not working, meaning not giving auto alerts." ?. 

3. MQL5 is fundamentally different with MQL4, so they both are not compatible with each other. Here's an article that highlight the differences Migrating from MQL4 to MQL5 (click that) also another article is a small guide to create EA and CI Introduction to MQL5: How to write simple Expert Advisor and Custom Indicator (click that).

4. Here the book of MQL5 and it's online documentation as well (click here

:D 

onewithzachy:

Hi abyvaidya,

1. Don't show your email, unless you want to get spams. You can set your email on your profile though.

2. This must be your typo

did you mean "... but those files are not working, meaning not giving auto alerts." ?. 

3. MQL5 is fundamentally different with MQL4, so they both are not compatible with each other. Here's an article that highlight the differences Migrating from MQL4 to MQL5 (click that) also another article is a small guide to create EA and CI Introduction to MQL5: How to write simple Expert Advisor and Custom Indicator (click that).

4. Here the book of MQL5 and it's online documentation as well (click here

:D

Thanks a lot for your help..!! 

Reason: