Download MetaTrader 5

How to use LongCondition, CheckOpenLong, CheckCloseLong, ShortCondition, CheckOpenShort, CheckCloseShort in CExpertSignal correctly?

To add comments, please log in or register
Unable to find the right application? Order it!
Peter Schnuerer
Peter Schnuerer 2012.07.13 14:47 

Hi,

I want to write an EA, that uses long signals only.

So far I succeeded in creating my own indicator and creating long- and short-signals using my own class derived from CExpertSignal.
The long and short signals are generated using LongCondition() and ShortCondition().

However, I want my EA to use long-signals only.
When I run the "Strategy Tester" each time the ShortCondition is fulfilled, the EA closes the long-position and opens a new short-position.
But I want it just to close the long-position and wait for the next LongCondition-Signal for opening an other long-postion.

I think that CheckOpenShort() and CheckCloseLong() will do this.
But I could not get them to work.

Are there any Docs/Samples on this out there? Could not find anything that worked for me :-(

Thanks,
Peter 

Peter Schnuerer
Peter Schnuerer 2012.07.14 13:18  

OK - I think I found it.

In the "OnInit()"-Method of my EA I used this Code  to create the signal and set its parameter:

CExpertSignal *signal=new CExpertSignal;
ExtExpert.InitSignal(signal);
signal.ThresholdOpen(Signal_ThresholdOpen);
signal.ThresholdClose(Signal_ThresholdClose);

CMyEASignal *filter0=new CMyEASignal;
filter0.MyPeriod(Signal_Periond);

I can not remember where I took this "filter"-Stuff from, but as soon as I changed my code as follows, I was able to use CheckOpenLong, CheckCloseLong, CheckOpenShort and CheckCloseShort as I liked.

CMyEASignal  *signal=new CMyEASignal;
ExtExpert.InitSignal(signal);
signal.ThresholdOpen(Signal_ThresholdOpen);
signal.ThresholdClose(Signal_ThresholdClose);
signal.MyPeriod(Signal_Periond);

Now I am able to close my long position, without opening a short in my signal class:

bool CMyEASignal::CheckCloseLong(double &price)
   {
   price=0.0;  //???
   bool  signal=false;                   // Flag for signal

//--- For operation with ticks idx=0, for operation with formed bars idx=1
   int idx=StartIndex();

//--- Get current value of indicator
   double current_Line = IndicatorLine(idx);
   //--- Check if indicator is in the top zone
   if (current_Line > 90)
      {
      signal = true;  
      } 

return signal;
   }

However, I very much appreaciate if anybody could explain how to use the paramteres (price, sl, tp, ...) of the methods:
CeckOpenLong(double& price,double& sl,double& tp,datetime& expiration);
CheckCloseLong(double& price);

For example I did use "price=0.0;" in the example above. I took it from some sample-code, without really understanding what the effect would be?!

Thanks,
Peter 

tao zemin.
tao zemin. 2014.04.04 10:53  
SPeter:

OK - I think I found it.

In the "OnInit()"-Method of my EA I used this Code  to create the signal and set its parameter:

I can not remember where I took this "filter"-Stuff from, but as soon as I changed my code as follows, I was able to use CheckOpenLong, CheckCloseLong, CheckOpenShort and CheckCloseShort as I liked.

Now I am able to close my long position, without opening a short in my signal class:

However, I very much appreaciate if anybody could explain how to use the paramteres (price, sl, tp, ...) of the methods:
CeckOpenLong(double& price,double& sl,double& tp,datetime& expiration);
CheckCloseLong(double& price);

For example I did use "price=0.0;" in the example above. I took it from some sample-code, without really understanding what the effect would be?!

Thanks,
Peter 

lPeter,

The parameters used in CeckOpenLong(double& price,double& sl,double& tp,datetime& expiration) is used to return the value of the parameters so the "framework" can use them to  compose a OrderSend command without analyzing the details of the charts, time series and all its unerlying indicators. It is a type of OOP encapsulation that system designers used to hide the details of the underlying, implementation details.Hopefully this can be helpfu!

To add comments, please log in or register