Help with encrypting an EA

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could post past topics or suggestions in relation to encryption of your EA? I am looking for something simple (preferably free) which can encrypt or disable an EA.

Also i currently have XML RPC in my EA but my hosting and stuffed up something and need to find an alternative.  

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance and have a good day!  

lolski90:

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could post past topics or suggestions in relation to encryption of your EA? I am looking for something simple (preferably free) which can encrypt or disable an EA.

Also i currently have XML RPC in my EA but my hosting and stuffed up something and need to find an alternative.  

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance and have a good day!  

The EA is already ecrupted by compiler. Why do you need additional encryption?

Alexey Volchanskiy:
The EA is already ecrupted by compiler. Why do you need additional encryption?

The compiler does NOT encrypt an EA.

Only ex4/ex5 published on mql5.com Market are encrypted.

see  this article :

https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/652126 

Source code MQ4 protection before compilation (test YPY Code Protector)
Source code MQ4 protection before compilation (test YPY Code Protector)
  • Pavel Izosimov
  • www.mql5.com
Dear users, we are glad to introduce "YPY MQ4 Code Protector" - our free online service for encryption and licensing a of source code in *.mq4 format This service is based on the software complex "YPY...

Alain Verleyen:

The compiler does NOT encrypt an EA.

Only ex4/ex5 published on mql5.com Market are encrypted.

So every EA not published/sold on mql5.com can be decrypted, if compiled with the default editor?

I thought once an ex4 file - always an ex4 file :( 

Robotfx Trading Tools:

So every EA not published/sold on mql5.com can be decrypted, if compiled with the default editor?

I thought once an ex4 file - always an ex4 file :( 

You can't decrypt something which is not encrypted.

An ex4/ex5 is compiled, same security level as a DLL. A compiled can always by decompiled, but it's not a trivial task, and you will never get the original source code.

On mql5.com Market, ex4/ex5 are encrypted, which provide a higher security level.

Reason: