Indicators: Pivot Only

Pivot Only:

This is a simple indicator showing pivot only for H1, H4, daily, weekly and monthly.

pivotonly

Author: Siti Latifah

What calculation does this use for the Pivots?  They are usually a little different from other Pivot point indictors I have, but at the same time they are usually respected by price.  Perhaps it's a difference in calculation or time offset?

Thanks

davesarge1:

What calculation does this use for the Pivots?  They are usually a little different from other Pivot point indictors I have, but at the same time they are usually respected by price.  Perhaps it's a difference in calculation or time offset?

Thanks

you can see in the source code of it

Siti Latifah:

you can see in the source code of it

OK, so I see it uses Open+High+Low+Close / 4.   The standard pivot point calculation is High+Low+Close / 3.  Is there any reason you choose to use the first calculation method??

davesarge1:

OK, so I see it uses Open+High+Low+Close / 4.   The standard pivot point calculation is High+Low+Close / 3.  Is there any reason you choose to use the first calculation method??

just try different...  :D

Siti Latifah:
just try different...  :D
I already use a few different pivot point indicators. I was just curious about the calculation of this one.

Simple but nice :-) Thanks for sharing
Reason: