Metatrader Market Seller, VAT and EU Buyer

This topic is about applying VAT to EU residents, and it is intended for all sellers, which deliver  Metatrader-compatible digital goods to EU users automatically by the Metatrader Market (not only).

Just a few links from Google about the duty.

http://euvataction.org/key-facts/
http://thenextweb.com/dd/2015/01/01/need-know-2015-eu-vat-changes-implemented-tnw/
http://www.accountingweb.com/tax/sales-tax/selling-digital-goods-to-eu-consumers-the-vat-man-wants-a-word-with-you

As a seller knows (hopefully), since Jan-2015 selling of digital goods to EU (not limited to amount, even a single EU sale) should apply VAT and deliver it to a country, where the payer resides. Though the tax duty has been valid for more than 12 months, I cannot see any sign of its support in Metatrader payment system. So every seller who uses the Metatrader Market should collect evidences about buyers and pay VAT on its own, which (from my point of view) is not realistic.

I wonder, what you think about it. Actually, I am not even sure who the seller is. Is it MQ or is it the author which registered the product? Who does pay the VAT? Who does collect evidence about the buyer's country? 

My guess is that MQ is responsible for collecting evidence about buyers in their Metatrader Market and automatically apply VAT to EU residents.

Does any Market seller care, collect evidence, and pay VAT using MOSS?

All You Need to Know about the 2015 EU VAT Changes for Digital Goods
All You Need to Know about the 2015 EU VAT Changes for Digital Goods
  • Patrick de Laive
  • thenextweb.com
If you’re wondering what developers are doing over in Europe today, a good guess (besides recovering from a hangover) would be that they are trying to figure out how to implement the new EU VAT rules. If you have a business and you’re selling digital products or services to people and businesses in EU countries, these new rules apply to you...

Thank you for this important topic.

What I am doing is to consider Metaquotes as the payer. Not sure it's correct, but I don't see how to do otherwise as we don't have any reliable clue about the final payers.

Does any Market seller care, collect evidence, and pay VAT using MOSS?

I care but I don't know the answers. We probably need an accountant to get reliable answers.

I am an accountant and in my country there is limits such as seller and service providers

If i think about my side if seller providing its service then payer must have to deduct With holding tax from the amount and deposit to govt. 

i suggest in every country there must be some difference, I think ACCA will give much better ideas because of in ACCA courses global laws are presence

Khurram Mustafa:

I am an accountant and in my country there is limits such as seller and service providers

If i think about my side if seller providing its service then payer must have to deduct With holding tax from the amount and deposit to govt. 

i suggest in every country there must be some difference, I think ACCA will give much better ideas because of in ACCA courses global laws are presence

It has not much to do with accountants, it is just another nonsense regulation from Brussels. It affects all importers of digital goods, even between EU countries. No limits apply, so it is killing small businesses here. I do not think you need to care much about financial regulations in EU, unless they can punish you; they can effectively punish only sellers from the EU currently. And the big non-EU companies need to comply to keep their reputation.

When I am buying from Market, no VAT appears, which is illegal currently. I do not care if MQ break the regulation, but the VAT clerk might consider the seller responsible for VAT and ask to fix and pay the VAT back to January 2015. And that is the problem.

Ovo Cz:

It has not much to do with accountants, it is just another nonsense regulation from Brussels. It affects all importers of digital goods, even between EU countries. No limits apply, so it is killing small businesses here. I do not think you need to care much about financial regulations in EU, unless they can punish you; they can effectively punish only sellers from the EU currently. And the big non-EU companies need to comply to keep their reputation.

When I am buying from Market, no VAT appears, which is illegal currently. I do not care if MQ break the regulation, but the VAT clerk might consider the seller responsible for VAT and ask to fix and pay the VAT back to January 2015. And that is the problem.

Oh, 

may be here you find some solutions, wait for more comments

Found nice blog article, though old, still valid. How the new VAT rules for digital goods impact non-EU sellers (actually they don't, as everybody seems to silently ignore the idiotic EU VAT rule).

http://www.turbineroom.com/2014/im-us-whatll-happen-just-ignore-eu-vat-changes/ 

“I’m in the US – what if I just ignore the EU VAT changes?”
“I’m in the US – what if I just ignore the EU VAT changes?”
  • Jaana Kulmala
  • www.turbineroom.com
The European online businesses are in pain. The upcoming Value Added Tax (VAT) changes are a nightmare and many European bloggers are crying out – but American bloggers are silent. Because as soon as you open your mouth and admit that you know about the changes, you can no longer apply the default strategy to cope with this – by staying under...

Does MQL5.com/MetaQuotes then transfer the VAT collected to the countries concerned ?

Laurent Soudron:
Does MQL5.com/MetaQuotes then transfer the VAT collected to the countries concerned ?

about VAT (from MetaQuotes):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

I can’t refill my account, except for replenishment with mql5 coupons there are no more options. what nonsense. and option icons are missing. no webmoney icon

Renat Fatkhullin , 09/09/14 10:38 p.m.

The tax (VAT) is collected from buyers of citizens of the European Union (not sellers), it is recorded and summed up for each country separately and paid by us centrally to the tax of each country. The tax is added to the seller’s price and is not deducted from it.

Sellers from their income must pay taxes in their own country.

Reason: