Discussion of article "OpenCL: The Bridge to Parallel Worlds"

New article OpenCL: The Bridge to Parallel Worlds is published:

In late January 2012, the software development company that stands behind the development of MetaTrader 5 announced native support for OpenCL in MQL5. Using an illustrative example, the article sets forth the programming basics in OpenCL in the MQL5 environment and provides a few examples of the naive optimization of the program for the increase of operating speed.

Article 'OpenCL: The Bridge to Parallel Worlds'

Author: Sceptic Philozoff

Good article. Thanks.

However, I still wonder how opencl can be used with trading.

Excellent

For example :

Pi = 4*atan(1);

or

Pi = acos(-1);

I don't think that more than 7sec to get the value of PI on 12 decimals is the top efficiency.

I have heard of OpenCV for Python and Machine Learning which can be of use even in highly psychological field which is trading but never of OpenCL. On these grounds, there is a nice interface environment which is ZeroMQ today. Well, I guess that communication between platform MTx and Python environment can take the bit of time especially if there is a lot of data that must pass through.

Thanks for the article indeed.

What's new on the openCL front? AMD has stopped supporting OpenCL a few years ago. Is it still a thing or are there new ways of parallel computing available to MQL5 users now?
Reason: