Code Base software license

What kind of software license is used for the open source publications in the code base?

Good question

Rudinei Felipetto:
What kind of software license is used for the open source publications in the code base?
It's FOSS (Free & Open Source Software), though I don't believe it explicitly states that anywhere . You are free to use it, change it, incorporate it into your own programs etc. Though it's always nice to let the original author know how much you appreciate his/her efforts and what you plan on doing with their code :)

Stuart Browne:
It's FOSS (Free & Open Source Software), though I don't believe it explicitly states that anywhere . You are free to use it, change it, incorporate it into your own programs etc. Though it's always nice to let the original author know how much you appreciate his/her efforts and what you plan on doing with their code :)

Hmm...! Thanks Stuart!

And if you use the published code changing the comments off parameters and colors of lines and sell a product at MQL Market? Ignoring the author and the rules of MQL.....

Rudinei Felipetto:

Hmm...! Thanks Stuart!

And if you use the published code changing the comments off parameters and colors of lines and sell a product at MQL Market? Ignoring the author and the rules of MQL.....

As far as I'm aware, you're free to do with it what you wish.

When I publish code in the code base, I post it there for others to take it, use it, change it, re-publish it, whatever. It's released as plain text MQL4/MQL5 code so once it's up there, there's no stopping anybody from doing whatever they want with it. And as I said above, I've never found any specific "rules" from MetaQuotes governing its use so it can only be considered a free-for-all :)

Of course, if someone puts a © comment in the code, I guess it could be argued that they still maintain copyright over the code, but then why would you put it up in plain text in the first place?

I personally put this in the code so it's clear what you can do with it

#property copyright    "Open Source 2015, by Stuart Browne (Filter)"
#property link         "https://www.mql5.com/en/users/filter"
#property version      "1.02"
#property description  "Provided free of charge and free of copyright to the MQL community by Filter\n"

Agree with Stuart. If we dont want the code to be misused, then dont publish it. It is contradictory to a published article (but not the code in it). 

Hehehe ... for sure!

I was curious to know what is the license used .. it's good to know the details! 

Rudinei Felipetto:

Hehehe ... for sure!

I was curious to know what is the license used .. it's good to know the details! 

I agree

Stuart Browne:

As far as I'm aware, you're free to do with it what you wish.

When I publish code in the code base, I post it there for others to take it, use it, change it, re-publish it, whatever. It's released as plain text MQL4/MQL5 code so once it's up there, there's no stopping anybody from doing whatever they want with it. And as I said above, I've never found any specific "rules" from MetaQuotes governing its use so it can only be considered a free-for-all :)

Of course, if someone puts a © comment in the code, I guess it could be argued that they still maintain copyright over the code, but then why would you put it up in plain text in the first place?

I personally put this in the code so it's clear what you can do with it

agree, good explaination
Reason: