REPORT GENERATOR

In an attempt to gain better understanding of grid strategies I programmed a simple grid EA and then tried to make sense of the Strategy tester Report output in Excel.  For the purpose of experiment I used a lot size of 0.1 and checked for execution without errors.

Where there is a buy one lot followed by a sell one lot, the figure in the profit column is the number of pips difference between buy and sell multiplied by 0.1 as would be expected.

When there is a buy one lot followed by another buy one lot followed by a sell one lot, things appear to become more complicated and I am unable to determine how the profit figure is calculated.

Is anyone able to demonstrate how the profit column figure is calculated as I am sure the problem must be in my understanding and not an error in the Report Generator.

regards

Winston 

Average price of two Buys is used for profit calculation.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants - Documentation on MQL5