Do you believe a broker may alter results of a demo account to get demo traders to go live

• 61% (47)
  • 39% (30)
Total voters: 77

Neglecting execution related differences (slippage), sometimes a broker will not offer their real trading platform for demonstration purposes.
The broker's price feed and dealing spreads for demo trading may well differ from the pricing that is provided for live trading accounts.

But of course! One of many marketing strategies employed especially by bucket shop brokers (deposit bonuses being another widely-used gimmick).

Depends on the broker in my opinion

Wow this truly shows the confidence from the traders to the brokers, and you couldn't believe them

in demo ull get less spike, sllipage and requotes which will make good impact on results surely.

lot of requotes in live accounts

For cent account you will be in big trouble.....

I think the only difference I've noticed is psychological. 3000 fictitious dollars is a lot easier than 300 real dollars.   

Demo accounts usually have no slippage and no requotes. And demo order execution speed can be 10 times faster. Live accounts always will have worse results, especially this can be seen on expert advisors which use trailing, or other strategy which does a lot of order modifications.

I'm almost certain they used to do it before. I'm not sure if they still do it now however, because on demo I was losing (that's when I started the forex) but on real I started to win :D
Reason: