Selling one activation of purchased EA

Hi,

I hope someone could give me some info.

Am I allowed to sell one of my EA activations ?

If this is allowed how would I go about doing this?

I do not require all of the 5  activations  and know someone would be interested in buying one.

Any info is much appreciated.

Michael 

No you can't, it's not possible. It's tied to your MQL5 account

Stuart Browne:
No you can't, it's not possible. It's tied to your MQL5 account

i think it's illegal, you should be able to sell or give one... that's BS, but anyway Metaquotes is BS at first

ionone: i think it's illegal, you should be able to sell or give one... that's BS, but anyway Metaquotes is BS at first

You are misinformed! Almost all types of on-line activated software is linked somehow to your identity, be it an online account or an email address, and you are not allowed to re-sell it. This also applies to several major companies like Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, etc.

Fernando Carreiro:

You are misinformed! Almost all types of on-line activated software is linked somehow to your identity, be it an online account or an email address, and you are not allowed to re-sell it. This also applies to several major companies like Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, etc.

there is the law, and there is what you do with the law. managing activations between users is not illegal

ionone: there is the law, and there is what you do with the law. managing activations between users is not illegal

As was stated, it is "technically" not possible, due to it being associated with an identity or account. However, if you really want to talk "legalities", then I suggest you start reading about SaaS, and you will soon realise that the users do not not own the rights to the software and therefore cannot sell it by law.

What is a SaaS Agreement?

A SaaS agreement is simply the name used for the agreement between a SaaS supplier and a SaaS customer which sets out the terms under which SaaS software may be accessed. This will usually include a service level agreement (SLA).

Differences between a SaaS Agreement and a Standard Software Licence

A SaaS agreement differs from a standard software licence in that:

• The SaaS customer will not usually receive a physical or installed copy of the software;
  • No ownership in the SaaS software will be transferred to the SaaS customer;
  • The customer ‘s right to use SaaS software will end upon termination of the SaaS agreement.

Is a Service Level Agreement (SLA) a Software Licence?

No. A service level agreement (SLA) sets out the SaaS services being provided in addition to the right to use the SaaS software. These will usually include:

• Hosting of the SaaS software and customer data on a server;
  • Customer support services; and
  • Software maintenance.

And here is the MQL5 Market Rules as reference:

III. Buyers

1. Any user who has enough money in the Payment System can become the Buyer.
  2. The Buyer has no right to resell the purchased Product either through the Market service or in any other way.
  3. Purchasing a Product does not mean buying rights to it. The Product is transferred to the Buyer for personal use only.
  4. Only the following Users can leave the Product reviews in a designated section of the Market service:
    1. The Users who have purchased the product;
    2. The Users who have downloaded a full version of the Product distributed at no cost.
  5. If complaints about the purchased Product arise, the Buyer should contact the Seller first to clarify the issue.
  6. The Buyer has the right to require correction of a critical error detected in the Product, resulting in the early termination of the Product operation. If the Product does not meet the stated functionality, the Buyer has the right to require the Seller to make appropriate modifications in the Product.
  7. The Buyer shall provide the Seller all information necessary for reproducing and fixing errors described in paragraph III.5 and III.6. of these Rules. Claims of general type, such as "It does not work", "The program is not working properly," etc., shall not be considered.
  8. The Buyer has the right to use the Product in accordance with the specified limited number of its installations.
  9. The Buyer has no right to decompile the Product or apply to third parties for the Product decompilation. Attempts to decompile, regardless of the result, will be considered violations of the Rules of the Product use.
  10. Products that are distributed at no charge (free) can be obtained by any User, regardless of the availability of money on the User's account in the Payment System. Products that are distributed free of charge can only be obtained through the MetaTrader Client Terminal.
  11. The Buyer has the right to receive free Product upgrades.

Fernando Carreiro:

As was stated, it is "technically" not possible, due to it being associated with an identity or account. However, if you really want to talk "legalities", then I suggest you start reading about SaaS, and you will soon realise that the users do not not own the rights to the software and therefore cannot sell it by law.

And here is the MQL5 Market Rules as reference:

i'm just saying : NOT giving $5 to a homeless dude is not illegal, but it's cool if you give him

same here, you don't HAVE TO allow licences transfers but it would be nice to.

Jeff

ionone: i'm just saying : NOT giving $5 to a homeless dude is not illegal, but it's cool if you give him same here, you don't HAVE TO allow licences transfers but it would be nice to.

No matter what your stance or opinion, you should not go about stating that "it is (not) illegal" or "there is the law", if you don't know the law and don't have any proof to back it up. That is misleading to others and outright irresponsible.

Reason: