Why is the candle drawn continuously?

I am new to MT (using MT5). Why is the candle (size of it) drawn/changing continuously during two time periods. I suppose that the candle for the last time period which is already closed, should remain unchanged (while a new candle is drawn, if it is drawn continuously before the new time period is closed). 

How do I avoid that?  

... or, should I read the chart such that the time point on the "x-axis" is the starting time of the new (and ongoing) time period? 

Do you mean that whatever time frame you are showing, that the last 2 candles are being redrawn?  Or that if you look at 2 different time frames, the last candle only is being redrawn, but it is doing so on the 2 different time frames?

If it is the second, then that is how it works, if it is the first, I have not seen my TP do that at all.

JD4:

Do you mean that whatever time frame you are showing, that the last 2 candles are being redrawn?  Or that if you look at 2 different time frames, the last candle only is being redrawn, but it is doing so on the 2 different time frames?

If it is the second, then that is how it works, if it is the first, I have not seen my TP do that at all.

Thanks for your reply!

I have figured it out how to read the charts. The last chandlestick in a chart is the current one which certainly will be updated and redrawn.

JJYqq:

Thanks for your reply!

I have figured it out how to read the charts. The last chandlestick in a chart is the current one which certainly will be updated and redrawn.

Correct, that is the one that all the latest information is getting added to it, and will likely change, especially if the market is active.
Reason: