Importing data into MT5

Hi,

I am completely new to MT. I have heaps of my own market data which I wish to import into MT5 for the purposes of strategy development and backtesting.

I can see no way of being able to import data into MT5. Presumably it is possible, otherwise how is one supposed to develop strategies?

Can anyone help? 

ledocf:

Hi,

I am completely new to MT. I have heaps of my own market data which I wish to import into MT5 for the purposes of strategy development and backtesting.

I can see no way of being able to import data into MT5. Presumably it is possible, otherwise how is one supposed to develop strategies?

Can anyone help? 

With MetaTrader 4, we usually convert the data into .hst format (using period converter that is available in MT4) then open it with offline chart. That's in MT4 - MT5 does not have offline chart nor period converter and it's format is not .hst but .hcc.

You can do this - though I never try on MT5 but on MT4 - convert your data into text file (or .csv if you like), make some CI to read this file then show it to the chart. You gonna have overlapping graphic though. 

Reason: