Scripts: OpenCL Test

OpenCL Test:

A small example of the Mandelbrot fractal calculation in OpenCL. The OpenCL accelerates calculations of fractal approximately up to 100 times in comparison with the CPU calculations.

Author: Renat Fatkhullin

Mandelbrot set in MQL5, generated using OpenCL

You guys are insane - congrats. 

Does the tester also support OpenCL?

investeo:

You guys are insane - congrats. 

Does the tester also support OpenCL?

Not supported yet.

As soon i saw "2012.02.13 09:07:19 Terminal GPU: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 8800 GTS with OpenCL 1.0 (12 units, 1188 MHz, 320 Mb, version 285.62", I was like OMG! OMG!  OMG! OMG! . Straight went to forums. :D

This is coolest thing ever, this would totaly make all the tesing much faster, gpus still progressing in within the Mooore law.

Anyways, Im really sight, but still don't know that it will help much, couse  sometimes i put my quad for free to tester cloud, and it's usualy idle. Seems like people ain't testing that much anymore. Any statistics of cloud load?

CeleronS:

As soon i saw "2012.02.13 09:07:19 Terminal GPU: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 8800 GTS with OpenCL 1.0 (12 units, 1188 MHz, 320 Mb, version 285.62", I was like OMG! OMG!  OMG! OMG! . Straight went to forums. :D

This is coolest thing ever, this would totaly make all the tesing much faster, gpus still progressing in within the Mooore law.

Anyways, Im really sight, but still don't know that it will help much, couse  sometimes i put my quad for free to tester cloud, and it's usualy idle. Seems like people ain't testing that much anymore. Any statistics of cloud load?

Have you actually been able to run the sample script and seen the Mandelbrot set?

The script does not start and only returns an error since it cannot open the context despite the Terminal reports the GPU:

PI 0 opencltest (EURUSD,H1) 06:40:09 OpenCL not found

2012.02.15 06:30:51 Terminal GPU: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 560M with OpenCL 1.1 (4 units, 1550 MHz, 3072 Mb, version 286.16)

Yes, I was able to run it, but after i stop't it that blue thingy dosent go away, I had to close currency pair window make it go away.

Anyways, my gpu tmeperature was rising that means it did something.

I can't run this script :(. Compiled but keep getting "OpenCL test not found" in MT5 b 642

Vista Home Basic SP2  Pentium Dual Core CPU T4200 @ 2 GHz, Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family GPU.

:( 

onewithzachy:

I can't run this script :(. Compiled but keep getting "OpenCL test not found" in MT5 b 642

Vista Home Basic SP2  Pentium Dual Core CPU T4200 @ 2 GHz, Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family GPU.

:( 

Uh well, I reply myself. Mine is not supported :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCL

http://www.khronos.org/conformance/adopters/conformant-products/ 

As some other people above, I had an error when running the script :

2013.05.31 20:58:09    OpenCLTest (AUDUSD,D1)    OpenCL not found

I solved the problem by making the following change :

if((cl_ctx=CLContextCreate())==INVALID_HANDLE)

to

if((cl_ctx=CLContextCreate(CL_USE_ANY))==INVALID_HANDLE)

Results:

2013.05.31 21:06:51    OpenCLTest (AUDUSD,D1)    OpenCL: CPU device ' Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2677M CPU @ 1.80GHz' selected

MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

AUDUSD, D1, 2013.05.31

MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

Open CL Test

AUDUSD, D1, 2013.05.31, MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

On Intel HD5000 it works flawlessly.

Hello,

Can someone guide step by step on how to run the OpenCL test on my indicators and EA?

Many thanks in advance.
Reason: