How to embed a custom indicator with ea ? - page 2

JD4:
Judging from this post then, if you wish your potential customers to be able to make use of the information from your indicator without actually seeing it, then my first reply still holds.  You have to code the logic part of your indicator into the code of your EA, and just do not turn the visual part on.
thats is where i have difficulty, indicators use a function called IndicatorCounted();.  this function cannot be used inside ea.  i have no idea on what can be the equivalent for it while calculating inside an ea.

balachandran chandrasekar:
thats is where i have difficulty, indicators use a function called IndicatorCounted();.  this function cannot be used inside ea.  i have no idea on what can be the equivalent for it while calculating inside an ea.
I am not saying pull the information from the indicator, but the logic itself.  Really bad but simple example here, but if you have an indicator that prints a dot at 150% above the midpoint value of that particular bar and another dot at 150% below, you have a section of code within that indicator that calculates that and shows the dots.  Now, in the EA, you can use that same piece of code to do the same thing, not get it from the indicator giving the value to the EA.  I have trouble explaining clearly what is so clear to me in my mind sometimes.  I am sorry if that is the case here.

I have a similar situation (I think is what he asked at first):

I code an EA and I also have a custom indicator called by iCustom(_Symbol, time, "name", periods ...);

But if I send the EA for a third party to use it on his own MT5 terminal, I would like he/her to just load the EA and it works.

But currently I must also ship the "name.ex5" indicator to be saved on his/hers "indicators" folder.

I've seen in some other post that one could add the indicator.ex5 in the EA project in 'resources', however even the final EA.ex5 being bigger than before, I still need to deliver the "name.ex5" indicator for the EA to work in the third party MT5 terminal.

In terms of programming, the EA "monolith" program that I am delivering should have embedded into it the custom indicator and do not need the indicator 'name.ex5' to be saved in the indicators folder.

So instead of delivering [ EA.ex5 + name.ex5 files] I would deliver only the EA.ex5 that by its turn would have the 'name.ex5' embedded/linked  on EA.ex5.

Is that the original doubt? - Mine is. Is there a way to do this?

Best regards

Reason: