How a signal provider's growth statistic is influenced by deposits to their account

Can anyone explain to me how a signal provider can influence their growth statistic by making a deposit to their account? How could the growth factor calculated by MLQ5 by subject to such simple manipulation? I keep reading comments by users accusing signal providers of manipulating their growth statistics with account deposits but how can growth be calculated if that's all it takes to inflate your numbers?

oldbaby65:
Can anyone explain to me how a signal provider can influence their growth statistic by making a deposit to their account? How could the growth factor calculated by MLQ5 by subject to such simple manipulation? I keep reading comments by users accusing signal providers of manipulating their growth statistics with account deposits but how can growth be calculated if that's all it takes to inflate your numbers?

Deposits don't affect the performance statistics directly.

Additional deposits might help to prevent margin calls/"automated stop outs" caused by too many running and losing positions. 

Daniel Stein:

Deposits don't affect the performance statistics directly.

Additional deposits might help to prevent margin calls/"automated stop outs" caused by too many running and losing positions. 

Thanks for this but this was posted as a review on the "Zero to Millions" signal page: "Your real returns should be closer to 200% instead of 6,300% because you deposited $31 and withdrew $30 afterwards after some profits. Nevertheless still a very good rate of return vs drawdown of 25%."

This implies that the statistic is wrong because of the deposit and withdrawal. I've seen a similar comment posted elsewhere as well, but I don't understand how this can be true. Can you explain this Daniel? Or anyone? 

Reason: