Transferring activated indicator to another machine without consuming activation allowance.

Hello,

I am new to MQL5 and I have bought an indicator and it allows me to activate it to 5 devices. I have activated it to my primary device and it has 4 left.

I plan to purchase a faster device and plan to transfer the indicator to the said device.

My question is, how do I transfer the indicator to the newer device without consuming the activation allowance.

What this means is that when I download the indicator to another device and remove the terminal from the old device the activation allowance will still be 4 instead of 3.

Thanks.

pipitgoodbaby:

Hello,

I am new to MQL5 and I have bought an indicator and it allows me to activate it to 5 devices. I have activated it to my primary device and it has 4 left.

I plan to purchase a faster device and plan to transfer the indicator to the said device.

My question is, how do I transfer the indicator to the newer device without consuming the activation allowance.

What this means is that when I download the indicator to another device and remove the terminal from the old device the activation allowance will still be 4 instead of 3.

Thanks.

Not possible as far as I know.

Alain Verleyen:
Not possible as far as I know.

Oh... that's not good. With the fast turnover of devices one can easily exceed the number of activations due to the number of devices.

Can this be implemented in some way? Like map the indicator to a unique identifier of the device? I presume when devices have a MAC address this can be used as a unique identifier. Such indentifier could then be used to map the device to the installed indicator. In case the device is lost, broken, stolen, etc. the owner can simply login to his mql5 account and remove the MAC address entry from the list so as to deactivate the indicator.

I don't see any point buying again just because you ran out of activations due to the devices being replaced, broken or stolen.

pipitgoodbaby:

Hello,

Thanks.

You can clone the hard disk and transfer all to the new hard disk/computer.

pipitgoodbaby:

Oh... that's not good. With the fast turnover of devices one can easily exceed the number of activations due to the number of devices.

Can this be implemented in some way? Like map the indicator to a unique identifier of the device? I presume when devices have a MAC address this can be used as a unique identifier. Such indentifier could then be used to map the device to the installed indicator. In case the device is lost, broken, stolen, etc. the owner can simply login to his mql5 account and remove the MAC address entry from the list so as to deactivate the indicator.

I don't see any point buying again just because you ran out of activations due to the devices being replaced, broken or stolen.

I suggest you to write to the ServiceDesk and ask them to improve the system.

Reason: