Technical Question for Technical Developers

Is it possible for an EA to make multiple trades on one bar or (0 bar)

My EA signal indicator is two averages crossing to create a Buy/Sell signal

On a 5M chart with price fluctuation, this can create multiple signals in one bar (5 mins)

This is good for me and I want my EA to trade every signal, however my current developers are telling me it is impossible to have more than one trade signal activated in a single bar

This does not help me as with the current program made, the EA has to wait until the next 5 Min bar to reverse the trade (by this time price could be anywhere)

Help very much appreciated and any developers with good answers could be considered for development round two

Technically, it is possible to make as many trades as your connection and your broker's server can process.

Other question is whether (or how) your strategy should be modified so that conditions allow multiple trades on one bar. 

Essentially what your saying is that this is possible,

but you need to know how to program it?

Razza:

Essentially what your saying is that this is possible,

but you need to know how to program it?

As drazen said, it's technically possible to trade thousands of times per bar. I think probably what your developer was getting at is that the logic of your strategy only allows one trade per bar. And this makes sense if it's an MA cross strategy - the cross over can only happen once and is only recognized on the close of the bar. But if you're talking about not waiting for the close and trading every single time the lines cross (and then uncross and then re-cross etc etc) then you will potentially fire off a huge amount of orders on each bar. So it really comes down to your strategy and logic.

That would be to harsh to the developer.

My guess is that EA needs serious changes to make that possible. Especially if it was not planned from the start. 

Reason: