MarketInfo(Symbol( ), MODE_STOPLEVEL) returns 0 in MT4 build 226

MarketInfo(Symbol( ), MODE_STOPLEVEL) used to return values and within the last few days, it started returning 0.

The function MarketInfo will return other values for the other Market information identifiers such as MODE_SPREAD, MODE_DIGITS, MODE_BID, etc.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Does anyone have an explanation or a workaround?

Thanks,

Scott

Have you tried it with a different broker ? I get non-zero values for MODE_STOPLEVEL in a script I use.

In order to check.

Try a manual order and have a look at the dialog box. Is it:

- Market execution, with SL and TP boxes greyed out or

- Instant execution, with SL and TP boxes active

CB

gc1 :
Have you tried it with a different broker ? I get non-zero values for MODE_STOPLEVEL in a script I use.

I have not tried a different broker. I have been using Interbank FX and I was using the tester with historical data I obtained from Interbank FX. I was perplexed as to why I had been performing testing for over 3 months and suddenly it changed. I can only conclude that it was MT4.

cloudbreaker :

In order to check.

Try a manual order and have a look at the dialog box. Is it:

- Market execution, with SL and TP boxes greyed out or

- Instant execution, with SL and TP boxes active

CB

When I tried a manual order, I noticed that the minimum required difference between the market price and the open price is 0 pips. I was also able to set a TP that was 10 pips away from the current price which is much less than the 30 pip min difference that used to exist.

I think this is the issue. It looks like Interbank FX changed their trading limits. I did not know that banks would do this.

Thank you for the help!

Reason: