Download MetaTrader 5

Metatrader 4 w/ Wine on OSX

To add comments, please log in or register
Do you want to deposit to your account? Do this in any convenient way!
Forex Trader
Forex Trader 2009.12.13 02:52 

MetaTrader 4 build 218 and earlier works on Mac OSX 10.6.2 w/ Wine Windows emulator 1.134.

However, after implementing new protection software, MetaTrader 4 build 220 and later stops working, it gaves error "Themida: Cannot open oreans.vxd driver. Make sure that oreans.vxd is not open by another program."

Now, Themida has a new version that works on Mac. It will be nice if MetaTrader can integrate this, so Mac user can be happy again.

http://www.oreans.com/ThemidaWhatsNew.php

Themida [2.1.0.0] (14-Aug-2009)

- Full compatibility under MAC/Wine and MAC/Crossover

Best Regards,

Slowpork

Forex Trader
Forex Trader 2010.01.02 15:07  

I use VirtualPC on PowerPC Macs and Parallels 5 on Intel Macs. Have you tried that?

If all else fails, there is also Bootcamp.

CB

Forex Trader
Forex Trader 2010.01.06 20:25  

I've tried using VMWare Fusiion and although 'it works' it's just not good enough. It's a pokey experience even on a tricked out Mac Pro. Also I don't run any other Windows programs, it would be great to run MT4 (soon MT5!) on my Mac natively. I really enjoyed using earlier versions of MT4 with Crossover -- it worked MUCH BETTER than emulation software.

Slowpork -- that's some excellent research! I hope too that MetaTrader will give serious consideration to these new updates. There's a lot of us out here who want to run MetaTrader with WINE/Crossover on our Mac!

Forex Trader
Forex Trader 2010.02.03 00:05  
cloudbreaker :

I use VirtualPC on PowerPC Macs and Parallels 5 on Intel Macs. Have you tried that?

If all else fails, there is also Bootcamp.

CB

Hey CB,

Just wondering if you could give us a hand. I've got Windows XP SP2 Parallels desktop on my imac (w' snow leopard).

downloaded MT4 from fxpro and the file doesn't open. when I double click it, it just says "choose program to open file with"

How did you run MT4 on yours?

Thanks mate

KB

you can email direct to: mjg_richards@hotmail.com

Forex Trader
Forex Trader 2010.02.03 02:25  

Check that you:

- downloaded the MT4 setup.exe file

- dragged it on to the Windows XP desktop

- then double-clicked it

Sounds like you may have missed the middle stage and are trying to run it in OSX?

CB

To add comments, please log in or register