Metatrader 4 w/ Wine on OSX

MetaTrader 4 build 218 and earlier works on Mac OSX 10.6.2 w/ Wine Windows emulator 1.134.

However, after implementing new protection software, MetaTrader 4 build 220 and later stops working, it gaves error "Themida: Cannot open oreans.vxd driver. Make sure that oreans.vxd is not open by another program."

Now, Themida has a new version that works on Mac. It will be nice if MetaTrader can integrate this, so Mac user can be happy again.

http://www.oreans.com/ThemidaWhatsNew.php

Themida [2.1.0.0] (14-Aug-2009)

- Full compatibility under MAC/Wine and MAC/Crossover

Best Regards,

Slowpork

I use VirtualPC on PowerPC Macs and Parallels 5 on Intel Macs. Have you tried that?

If all else fails, there is also Bootcamp.

CB

I've tried using VMWare Fusiion and although 'it works' it's just not good enough. It's a pokey experience even on a tricked out Mac Pro. Also I don't run any other Windows programs, it would be great to run MT4 (soon MT5!) on my Mac natively. I really enjoyed using earlier versions of MT4 with Crossover -- it worked MUCH BETTER than emulation software.

Slowpork -- that's some excellent research! I hope too that MetaTrader will give serious consideration to these new updates. There's a lot of us out here who want to run MetaTrader with WINE/Crossover on our Mac!

cloudbreaker :

I use VirtualPC on PowerPC Macs and Parallels 5 on Intel Macs. Have you tried that?

If all else fails, there is also Bootcamp.

CB

Hey CB,

Just wondering if you could give us a hand. I've got Windows XP SP2 Parallels desktop on my imac (w' snow leopard).

downloaded MT4 from fxpro and the file doesn't open. when I double click it, it just says "choose program to open file with"

How did you run MT4 on yours?

Thanks mate

KB

you can email direct to: mjg_richards@hotmail.com

Check that you:

- downloaded the MT4 setup.exe file

- dragged it on to the Windows XP desktop

- then double-clicked it

Sounds like you may have missed the middle stage and are trying to run it in OSX?

CB

Reason: