MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal - page 3

Metaquotes,

Will you guys be providing a way to store and backtest with Tick by Tick data?  I know the size of the files would be huge, but with today's hard drives it should be no problem.  Plus, if there was a feature that allowed one to choose whether or not to collect tick data, that could be good, too.  All these other updates will be great I am sure, but it really means very little if the accuracy of our backtests do not improve.  It is much quicker to backtest using tick data, than to forward test for months on end.

Also, I hope that you will enable MT5 to be directly connected to banks for ECN style brokerages.  It seems to be quite a chore at present for places like MB Trading to provides direct connections via bridge programs.

I hope you make these much needed improvements. 

Thanks,

Matt

Thats a great advancement in the technology ... awaiting autumn eagerly to taste MT5 ... !

I hope to take use of strong strategy engine of MT5 in any market. Does MT5 support many data feeds or data sources?

How about some type of drawing tool . So a trader can draw free hand on a chart . Plus also using past data so it can be used as a tradeing simulator when not online. Where a person could review there trades for the week and try a diffrent approach on how that trade could have worked out for the week based on the dater that week. I guess I am saying where it could be used as a training aid when not on line. Some thing like the way Ninja trader does. Just a thought thats all.

Reason: