Metatrader 5 soon? Should I still learn version 4?

Hello

I am about to start learning from scratch how to write code to develop a EA. Should I wait for the MT5 manual? I heard it is alot different from MT4. Also, in the process of developing MT5, is it possible for the programmers to develop a user friendly coding system that will assist non-programmers to develop EA's. Remember when making websites was difficult but now the webprogramers have made it easy.

Thank you

Fritz

- The MT5 system plataform is compatible with MT4 platform ?
- A program written in MT4 work in MT5 plataform ?
- You can open the hedge trade in platform MT5 ? In MT4 you can no longer hedge trade(15 May 2009).
- Will be more difficult to make money in the Forex MT5 Plataform ?
- Martingale, Anti-Martingale, Kelly 20% AND HEDGES(15 may 2009) will not be allowed in the MT5 ?
- StopLoss and TakeProfit will rule on all open trades ?
- It will be very difficult to forex with this new platform.
- MACD, ADX, Fibonacci, Cci, alligators etc etc ... will be the same or will change also in MT5 ?

- Can continue using the MT4 instead of MT5 to operate with Live Account or an upgrade is necessary ?

Thanks

Jürgen Weichert

19 May 2009

- The MT5 system plataform is compatible with MT4 platform ?

No, it is not.

- A program written in MT4 work in MT5 plataform ?

No, you will need to adapt it a few.

- You can open the hedge trade in platform MT5 ? In MT4 you can no longer hedge trade(15 May 2009).

No. There are no opposite positions in MetaTrader 5.

- Will be more difficult to make money in the Forex MT5 Plataform ?

It doesn't depends on the platform, I think.

- Martingale, Anti-Martingale, Kelly 20% AND HEDGES(15 may 2009) will not be allowed in the MT5 ?

No, see above.

- StopLoss and TakeProfit will rule on all open trades ?

I think so.

- It will be very difficult to forex with this new platform.
- MACD, ADX, Fibonacci, Cci, alligators etc etc ... will be the same or will change also in MT5 ?

The technical indicators will be same, why not?

- Can continue using the MT4 instead of MT5 to operate with Live Account or an upgrade is necessary ?

Certainly, yes. You will be available to choose between MT4 and MT5.

Does MT5 requires higher Windows version than MT4?

MT4 still works with Win98, how about MT5?

(I hope it doesn't use too much resources, otherwise i'll need to rent alot better VPS)

AdamN :

MT4 still works with Win98, how about MT5?

No, it wont work.

Hi,

Is there any chance to beta-test MT5 pre-release version? (no connection to broker needed)

best regards

investeo

Reason: