dll calls are not allowed

I am new to MT4 ... I would have preferred an upgrade to the MT3 API. However, I am trying to give MT4 a chance.

There is another forum topic about a year ago labeled:Why MetaQuotes demo server does not allow EAs to call dll functions

It is item 12 under a search for "dll".

The Facts:

1. I downloaded MT4 twice. 1st time about 2 months ago and the 2nd time yesterday (not my highest priority). Both exhibit the same behaivor.

2. The Options box containing "allow dll imports" is checked, in fact, most variations of the check have been tried.

3. At this point I am just trying to get "MessageBeep()" to work in either Init or Start sections.

4. All I reall need is findWindow() and SendMessageA() to work. A couple other API calls would be useful, but probably will never happen ... SendMessageTimeout() and SendMessageCallback().

5. I am experimenting with a "Demo" account.

cls :

I am new to MT4 ... I would have preferred an upgrade to the MT3 API. However, I am trying to give MT4 a chance.

There is another forum topic about a year ago labeled:Why MetaQuotes demo server does not allow EAs to call dll functions

The Facts:

1. I downloaded MT4 twice. 1st time about 2 months ago and the 2nd time yesterday (not my highest priority). Both exhibit the same behaivor.

2. The Options box containing "allow dll imports" is checked, in fact, most variations of the check have been tried.

3. At this point I am just trying to get "MessageBeep()" to work in either Init or Start sections.

4. All I reall need is findWindow() and SendMessageA() to work. A couple other API calls would be useful, but probably will never happen ... SendMessageTimeout() and SendMessageCallback().

Hi. There is an interesting blog related to APIs and MT4. It is in english and spanish. Search in google for "Handling forex with metatrader".

Best regards,

mestize :
cls :

The Facts:

Hi. There is an interesting blog related to APIs and MT4. It is in english and spanish. Search in google for "Handling forex with metatrader".

Best regards,

Thanks. The technique they talk about works very well for stateless browsers, but makes error handling a little more cumbersome. With thin (maybe fat) clients such as MetaTrader, it is a little easier since many of the window handles are available. I am going to have one of my programmers try my experimental code on a different computer ... apparently DLL calls work for others.