Bypassing Windows Vista Protocols to permit MT4 Update

Metatquotes

How do I bypass the Windows Vista Protocols so that the Mt4 dealing station can update? Currently, when I open the station a Windows Vista Window will open and ask "do you wish to permit the Metaquotes update?". I press 'OK' but due to the way MT4 dealing station is configured, the initial 'login ping' has now passed and won't promt the Broker server again, therefore the update does not start.

I dont want to redownload the dealing station afresh because I will lose all my history I have been gathering.

Please help.

Regards

FxNorth

fxnorth :

Metatquotes

How do I bypass the Windows Vista Protocols so that the Mt4 dealing station can update? Currently, when I open the station a Windows Vista Window will open and ask "do you wish to permit the Metaquotes update?". I press 'OK' but due to the way MT4 dealing station is configured, the initial 'login ping' has now passed and won't promt the Broker server again, therefore the update does not start.

I dont want to redownload the dealing station afresh because I will lose all my history I have been gathering.

Please help.

Regards

FxNorth

Thanks for absolutely no reply Metaquotes!

As usual I persevered and fixed the issue myself. Anyone experiencing same, just go into the Control Panel and Security section, then disable User Account Control. This then requires computer restart.

FxNorth

Reason: