Cannot see experts/scripts in Navigator - build 249

I just re-installed and the example experts and scripts (that are in sub-folders) are not accessible anymore from the Navigator (in Terminal).

gordon posted  :
I just re-installed and the example experts and scripts (that are in sub-folders) are not accessible anymore from the Navigator (in Terminal).

Don't know if this is the same issue, but I had problems when I started using Win7 X64 some time ago.  All my experts and files are stored under

C:\Users\Paul's laptop\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\F49F6D84DE337BA25E6F8205834F0EB8\MQL5\Experts

I do understand the theory that the location depends on running as adminstrator and not, but after a few hours re-installing as adminstrator and not, and running as administrator and not, I gave up after not managing to change anything.  A similar thing also happens on my virtual desktop service, which is Windows Server 2003 x64.

Paul 

http://paulsfxrandomwalk.blogspot.com/ 

Regularly emailing the status of an account
  • Paul
  • paulsfxrandomwalk.blogspot.com
Prompted by a query, I thought I'd post a useful little utility that I have used for ages which emails the status of the account every hour.  After lengthy deliberation I decided to call it .... EmailStatus.  With only a small modification it could be used to log the status to a file, and the time...

I am running as administrator...

But I am talking about the examples that come with the installation (not my own files) -> '\MT5\MQL5\Experts\Examples\ChartInChart' and '\MT5\MQL5\Experts\Examples\MACD'. Before I could c them in the same folder structure in the Navigator, now I can't.

Problem still there in build 250

gordon:

I am running as administrator...

But I am talking about the examples that come with the installation (not my own files) -> '\MT5\MQL5\Experts\Examples\ChartInChart' and '\MT5\MQL5\Experts\Examples\MACD'. Before I could c them in the same folder structure in the Navigator, now I can't.

Try to install client terminal manually, the web installer is available at https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt5/mt5setup.exe (300 Кб).

We apologize for that inconvenience.

Rosh:

Try to install client terminal manually, the web installer is available at https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt5/mt5setup.exe (300 Кб).

We apologize for that inconvenience.

I found the problem... In earlier versions all experts, scripts and indicators would automatically compile the first time MT5 is opened. Now only after manual compilation u can c the experts, scripts, etc.

But some don't compile any more:

1. ALL scripts are missing StdLibErr.mqh

cannot open include file "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\include\StdLibErr.mqh"    Object.mqh    7    11

2. MACD sample expert has many errors...

I'm sure you must to install your terminal again. It seems you have very old versions of scripts.

gordon:

I found the problem... In earlier versions all experts, scripts and indicators would automatically compile the first time MT5 is opened. Now only after manual compilation u can c the experts, scripts, etc.

But some don't compile any more:

1. ALL scripts are missing StdLibErr.mqh

2. MACD sample expert has many errors...

MetaEditor build 249 compiles MACD Sample EA without errors or warnings. But after updating MetaTrader Client to build 250, i have these journal log entries.

2010.02.23 07:56:08    Experts    Expert Bogie-OHLC-v6 (EURUSD,M15) removed
2010.02.23 07:56:08    Experts    Initializing of Bogie-OHLC-v6 (EURUSD,M15) failed
2010.02.23 07:56:06    Experts    Expert Bogie-MACD-MaTrend-v2-test (EURUSD,M15) removed
2010.02.23 07:56:06    Experts    Initializing of Bogie-MACD-MaTrend-v2-test (EURUSD,M15) failed
2010.02.23 07:51:08    Network    '57171': terminal synchronized with MetaQuotes Software Corp.
2010.02.23 07:51:08    Experts    Expert Bogie-OHLC-v6 (EURUSD,M15) loaded successfully
2010.02.23 07:51:06    Network    '57171': authorized on MetaQuotes-Demo
2010.02.23 07:51:06    Experts    Expert Bogie-MACD-MaTrend-v2-test (EURUSD,M15) loaded successfully
2010.02.23 07:50:56    Symbols    invalid base header

Rosh:
I'm sure you must to install your terminal again. It seems you have very old versions of scripts.

OK, I uninstalled again. I also manually deleted 'c:\program files\metatrader 5\' and 'c:\documents and settings\user\application data\metaquotes\'.

After installation the problem is still there: experts, scripts and indicators are not compiled automatically. And only some of them compile manually (all scripts don't compile because StdLibErr.mqh is missing).

I also do not have "StdLibErr.mqh".

But I can compile all scripts.

It seems you have very old versions of scripts. 

I need to open metaeditor and copy paste all code of MACD Sample to it and compile to see MACD Sample in my navigator. Please fixed this issue.
Reason: