Memory Swap File Requirements

I am inquiring into companies that will host MT4 for me. One account offers Windows swap file access and the other does not. Is it necessary for MT4 to have swap file access to run successfully? What are the memory requirements?

Thanks,
Mark

That seems like an odd question...
I have run my PC without any swap file with no problems before...
Programs don't request Swap space (to my knowledge), they request Memory. If the operating system needs to "swap out" something currently in memory to accommodate some new request for Memory, and a swap file with free space exists, it handles it.
MT4 needs about 30 meg to start up, and can allocate hundreds of megabytes depending on how many charts and how many bars and what indicators etc etc etc.
So, ???

The reason for the question is because I want to run MetaTrader on a hosted server. I understand the memory requirements can be rather large. Windows uses swap files when it runs of out memory space. Just trying to get an idea of how much memory I need to run it without any swap file space available to the program.

Minimum: 20meg
Maximum: unknown

Why don't you run MT4 on your machine as you would run it on a server, and monitor the memory usage with TaskManager?

That should give a value meaningful to your situation.
Reason: