Memory space question

If I am making an indicator based on the distribution of the closing price of all the bars on the chart,

If i were to make an array of size Bars-1 and update it for every new candle, will the mt4 freeze on particular time frames where there are a lot of bars particularly the 1 minute time frame?

Or will Mt4 be able to handle and update arrays of this size. The bars on my chart go back several years.

What do you mean by "update it for every new candle" ? if you just mean add a new value onto the end for each new bar that comes along then there should be no issues . . this is how Indicator Buffers work . . . if you mean change the values for all bars in the array . . . the for M1 that might slow things down a bit . . .

RaptorUK:
What do you mean by "update it for every new candle" ? if you just mean add a new value onto the end for each new bar that comes along then there should be no issues . . this is how Indicator Buffers work . . . if you mean change the values for all bars in the array . . . the for M1 that might slow things down a bit . . .

Thanks!
Reason: