MT4 build 211 freezing when selecting "Indicator List"

I have a major issue but only a few have experienced this before, as found in a few forums.

I sporadically encounter MT4 freezing when I right click and select Indicator List or Object List and I have not found any solutions yet and it is very frustrating. I am still looking for a solution as this has recently occurred again and has been around for over a week, again, now. I am using MT4 build 211 and have Windows XP Home Ed. I am using 3 different MT4 platforms (one for mini IBFX, one for maxi FXDD and one for Alpari futures feeds) and every one of them freeze when I select "Indicator List", either from the drop down menu or from the right mouse click in the charts. The closest I can discern is that there seems to be a link between opening MetaEditor and the problem. Last May 2007 there was a brief post in Forex Factory but nothing came out as someone else also encountered the same problem (so it is not just me!).

Whenever I have opened MetaEditor (in the recent past) the trading platform will freeze when I right click and select Indicator List OR Object List OR go to the menu and pull down Indicator List. I have to use the Taslk List to shut down MT4 but it will still not allow me to access the Indicator List when I restart MT4 or reboot the computer.

I have temporarily overcome this problem, by networking two computers and I have a shared folder for indicator files that I edit. The second computer is not affected, but it is not my primary charting computer that is affected?!? I will only open MetaEditor on the second computer and save and copy the edited files to the shared folder to copy to the first computer.

This is the long way around but none of the Tech Support at the brokers have any answers and they say they have never heard of it and suggest only to reinstall (as I have done with no improvement). There are periods when it works fine for weeks and then it crops up and stays that way for a few weeks. I'm still confused.... Any similar encounters or suggestions are wonderfully appreciated.

Thanks Heaps, pipsqueak4x

Hello Ryan ...

i haven't really lived this situation but i have a couple of tips:

- Try to Win Xp Pro
- Verify no conflict exists between different brokers MT4 installation folders
- Search for Adware/Malware/Virus into your pc or older personal files from CD/DVD/USB
- Check strictly the software configuration from your good networked PC and compare it with the problematic one.

Good luck ...

Hello Ryan ...

i haven't really lived this situation but i have a couple of tips:

- Try to Win Xp Pro
- Verify no conflict exists between different brokers MT4 installation folders
- Search for Adware/Malware/Virus into your pc or older personal files from CD/DVD/USB
- Check strictly the software configuration from your good networked PC and compare it with the problematic one.

Good luck ...

Thanks for the advice.

I am using XP Home edition - may try switching to Pro - anything to make this annoyance disappear. Will also try looking for Adware/Malware/Virus from USB sticks as I have hundreds of indicator files for code which I back up to USB sticks.

Will post if I find relief......

Cheers!

maybe this "freeze" is the automatic compilation of all your indicators ????

Suspicion. Dialog boxes with object or indicator list are placed beyond the bounds of monitor.
1. Close client terminal
2. Remove config\terminal.ini file
3. Start client terminal and adjust its windows again
Reason: