Comparing different Indicator Values?

Hi,

I've been trying to figure out if it's possible to determine where one indicator is in relation to another.

For example, part of my system's entry signals is when both the AC and the Stoch has crossed the AC nought line going in the same direction. I manually have a Stochastic indicator overlayed with the AC indicator so can visually detect it, but is it possible to in an EA? It seems that the Stoch won't necessarily be at 0 when the AC is at it's 0 so I can't use that comparison. If there is, can you pls provide a possible solution?

Hopefully I explained this well and Thanks :)

Hello?

Are you still looking into my query? I'm beginning to think it's probably not possible and I'll just have to test which way the stochs are going, and assume that if it's value is between 70 and 30, then it's approximately equivalent.

Thanks anyways :)

I read your question. What are you asking?

My question was, when one indicator is overlayed with another, for example a stoch and AC, one can visually see when both the stochs and AC has crossed the AC nought line, but is it possible to detect that in an EA?

For example in a down trend The value of the iAC[2] will be > 0, and iAC[1] will be < 0, so that's the 1st test that answers if the AC has crossed 0. The 2nd test condition will try to answer "has the istochastic crossed it too", and that's where I was stuck and was looking for help.

But as I've played around it seems it may not be that critical of an issue, and instead in following the logic of the stochs, meaning if it's coming down and below the stoch's value of 70, then that might just be good enough.

So I have since coded my EA with that logic and it's doing what it's supposed to :)

If you have any other suggestions/tricks on if, and how, one can detect, in an EA, where one indicator is in relation to another, then please share.

Thanks.
Reason: