Opening 2 MetaEditor sessions causes XP to hang...

Seriously, Metatrader is the only program I have ever come across that can regularily bring WinXP to its knees. First, its creators seem to have no notion about thread prioritisation - Metatrader will crab every CPU cycle it can lay its grubbly claws on, irrespective of what level you assign it. But far worse is it's uncannily ability to crash XP itself - just open a few Metatrader sessions, spawn the Editors from their respective parent programs a few times and see what happens! They may open 'normally' for a while, but eventually, one of the Editors will fail to open. Go to TaskManager and you will see that the Editor is grabbing all free CPU cycles, close it down and you will then find that Windows XP has also frozen as well, requiring a system reset!!!

Well done Metaquotes.....

Works ok here...

Perhaps your heap is silently exhausted

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126962

SYMPTOMS
When you run a large number of Windows-based programs, "Out Of Memory" error messages appear when you attempt to start new programs or try to use programs that are already running, even though you still have plenty of physical and pagefile memory available.

Some programs do not handle the failure gracefully, and in some cases there may not be enough memory to create the error message dialog box. As a result, the requested operation fails without any indication.

I wouldn't get the message, but things would get "stuck" a lot on this heavily loaded PC

Works ok here...

Perhaps your heap is silently exhausted

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126962

SYMPTOMS
When you run a large number of Windows-based programs, "Out Of Memory" error messages appear when you attempt to start new programs or try to use programs that are already running, even though you still have plenty of physical and pagefile memory available.

Some programs do not handle the failure gracefully, and in some cases there may not be enough memory to create the error message dialog box. As a result, the requested operation fails without any indication.

I wouldn't get the message, but things would get "stuck" a lot on this heavily loaded PC

Hi. I know the situation you are referring to I think, XP pops up a message saying its disc cache is too small and needs to increase it. I have seen this rarely happen but it is not the problem. This Editor problem has happened at least a dozen times. It took me a while to figure out what was causing XP to lockup but I eventually realised as long as I have a single Editor open, the lockup doesn't occur. It is also not a memory issue (or shouldn't be!) - it's a 2gig Pro-Duo, nothing but Metatrader, IB TWS and Winamp (for entertainment :) ) running.

Rather than starting another thread, maybe you can shed light on another problem I have just encountered - have a look at the pic. These are the Metatraders EA settings. I just switched from a demo account to my real account, making damn sure that the 'Expert Advisor' button was in the 'Off' position before doing so (no smiley faces) as I had a few EA on demo. Guess what happened, one of the EA's opened a trade! Only ended up losing a few bucks but how can this happen with these settings???

I have really grown to despise this platform...

Damnit, just realised I can't post pics. in this crummy forum. Suffice to say that I had the 'default' Metatrader settings - EA's should be disabled when accounts are switched...
Reason: