Repost: Value of PIP in USD

Hello all,

I'm sure this is simple, but it has me confused.

EURUSD, GBPUSD, NZDUSD, the pip value in USD is a whole number (for 1 lot of EURUSD each pip is worth $10).

This is not necesarily so for EXOTIC, or CAD or JPY pairs... they come in at various values USD...

Is there a way to PROGRAMATICALLY deterimine the PIP value in USD... PRIOR to placing the trade and dividinig known values... ?

Thank you for the help!

-charliev

If I understood your question correctly, you were interested in a programmatic method of determining the amount of dollars and cents made or lost based on a 1 pip move in a currency. If so, below is the code:

double DollarValuePerPip = 0.0;
DollarValuePerPip = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKVALUE);

Take care,
Peter Apfelbacher

Note only that MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKVALUE) returns "Tick value in the deposit currency." See "MQL4: MarketInfo"

If I understood your question correctly, you were interested in a programmatic method of determining the amount of dollars and cents made or lost based on a 1 pip move in a currency. If so, below is the code:

double DollarValuePerPip = 0.0;
DollarValuePerPip = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKVALUE);

Take care,
Peter Apfelbacher

Many thanks Peter, This looks like it!
-charlie

Note only that MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKVALUE) returns "Tick value in the deposit currency." See "MQL4: MarketInfo"

Thank you Rosh!
-charliev

Yes, it works very well. Thank you very much, Peter. This is THE solution I was long looking for!
On the other hand, I've noticed that for Gold, it gives $10/pip while open orders make $2.50/pip.
Does anybody know why?

Forex Trader:
Tick value in deposit currency for what lotsize? One lot?

Arturo Lopez Perez:
Tick value in deposit currency for what lotsize? One lot?
Yes.
Reason: