StopLoss not work (not submited to market/attached to position)

Hi there,

When i submit an order, like this for example:

double SL = (o_symbol.Ask() + (Signal_StopLevelS*_Point));
               double TP = (o_symbol.Bid() - (Signal_TakeLevelS*_Point));

trade.PositionOpen(_Symbol,ORDER_TYPE_SELL,1.0,o_symbol.Bid(),SL,TP);

and then look at the position

PrintFormat("- Sell: Price: '%s' SL: '%s' TP: '%s'",DoubleToString(o_position.PriceOpen(),8),DoubleToString(o_position.StopLoss(),8),DoubleToString(o_position.TakeProfit(),8));

the journal shows no SL/TP were actually submitted.

in the trading window, it doesn't submit an SL/TP order to market either..

is this the behaviour of MT5?

do you instead need to loop and watch for your SL/TP being hit and close the order?

it seems dangerous to me, it means if your computer loses power or whatever your SL/TP orders aren't in the market with the broker...

if i Sleep(5000); i can trade.positionModify() it, but its unreliable and involves a sleep etc....

any ideas?

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties - Documentation on MQL5

it turned out to be the broker .. they dont actually take a sl/tp with the original order when its an ea

there's a few options

- wrap it in a function and check the ret val, then modify if suits, keeping in mind if you lose power/net you have unlimited losses

- sleep (same problem as above)

- use another broker

issue a limit pending order together with the original order as tp/sl

johhny6:

it turned out to be the broker .. they dont actually take a sl/tp with the original order when its an ea

there's a few options

- wrap it in a function and check the ret val, then modify if suits, keeping in mind if you lose power/net you have unlimited losses

- sleep (same problem as above)

- use another broker

I don't think it's because the broker. 

Reason: