In general, anything that can make this software produce more money each day.
Compare the cost/wear and tear of hardware, plus the cost of power, required...
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
Metatester 5 agent manager strategy tester does not see processor threads.
Renat Fatkhullin , 2019.11.27 06:12
Due to the apparent lack of memory with an excessive number of agents and a decrease in the speed of calculations on hyper-trading kernels, we decided to limit ourselves to only physical kernels when working in cloud.
Now in Cloud they drive very expensive tasks, and the vast majority of Cloud participants have a banal lack of memory with many agents. For example, 2 GB per agent and 16 agents already require at least 32 GB of memory, although usually 8-16 GB are available.
As a result, many passes fail, wasting the network and agents. But most importantly, they are slowing down the calculation due to expectations of results and restarting tasks.
We have long been evaluating the approximate resource sufficiency of agents before issuing tasks to them, and one of the most effective is to work only on the physical cores in cloud.
Locally, you can use all the kernels as you can easily control their shutdown.
to the compensation rate:
- cloud.mql5.com
Small scale farming is rarely profitable, whether we're talking hog farming or agent farming. If you want to earn big money, you probably need a server and solar panels.
Compare the cost/wear and tear of hardware, plus the cost of power, required...
to the compensation rate:
Thank you Ryan. That first article took me down a deep rabbit hole. I'm mostly out now. You sparked some questions though.
- What do you consider "small scale farming"?
- How many agents and at what PR do you think would be necessary to make that "big money" you mentioned every month?
What do you consider "small scale farming"?
One late model pc, or multiple lesser/older/slower pc's, and/or a wireless internet connection.
How many agents and at what PR do you think would be necessary to make that "big money" you mentioned every month?
Based on the math in Questions about payments in the MQL5 Cloud Network, I would go with at least a middle-of-the-road workstation such as a BIZON Z5000─Intel CPU, 60 cores, and 2TB RAM. 60 cores x 57.60 USD per month = 3456 USD per month. The new machine, itself, could potentially be paid off within 5 months. Remember, Metaquotes takes 10%. Also, this is key:
For the customer, the task computing cost does not depend on agent's PRs, as the payment takes into account both the execution time and the PR.
The Metaquotes example uses a processing rate of 100. I would try to exceed that with a workstation. So basically, get the fastest machine with the most memory that is within your budget. Don't forget to factor in the power expense of running the machine and its liquid cooling 24/7─hence the solar panels.
And a top-end hardwired Fiber internet connection, of course.
One late model pc, or multiple lesser/older/slower pc's, and/or a wireless internet connection.
Based on the math in Questions about payments in the MQL5 Cloud Network, I would go with at least a middle-of-the-road workstation such as a BIZON Z5000─Intel CPU, 60 cores, and 2TB RAM. 60 cores x 57.60 USD per month = 3456 USD per month. The new machine, itself, could potentially be paid off within 5 months. Remember, Metaquotes takes 10%. Also, this is key:
For the customer, the task computing cost does not depend on agent's PRs, as the payment takes into account both the execution time and the PR.
The Metaquotes example uses a processing rate of 100. I would try to exceed that with a workstation. So basically, get the fastest machine with the most memory that is within your budget. Don't forget to factor in the power expense of running the machine and its liquid cooling 24/7─hence the solar panels.
And a top-end hardwired Fiber internet connection, of course.
Okay, okay, okay. That math you mentioned from payments section of MQL5 Cloud Network is based on the CPU working every hour, of every day, for a month, with a PR rating of 100, on a single core (aka a single agent). That scenario will never happen. In my one week of running the computers I have 24/7, I've noticed these three things (among others that are...questionable and fishy to say the least):
- Work for agents is not constantly flowing. Meaning, the computer (your agents) will not have work to do all the time.
- The work your computer\agents do get, doesn't last long.
- Some of the cores\agents on a single computer disconnect from the MQL5 cloud network. (This is questionable and fishy part.)
It's bullet point number 3 above that concerns me. Why does this happen at all? Why do the agents not reconnect? Because ultimately, if MetaQuotes is disconnecting my agents from the MQl5 Cloud Network, MetaQuotes is directly making a negative impact on how much money I can make. As far as I can tell, very far in between MQL5 forum topics, I've seen people mention this problem and there hasn't been any response from the MetaQuotes team. Almost like it's purposely being avoided. And there's no official documentation that I can find to state any straight facts on software behavior.
In any event. I've made some adjustments to my computers as an experiment for this week to test some theories.
But let's talk about some real numbers. What do you think about the plan below:
- What if I get 100 agents?
- Let's just say I can get the PR rating for those agents to be about 200 or close to it.
- How much money DOES ANYONE think I can make after 30 days of making those agents available all day?
These are all questions before a potential plan is carried out. Based on the behavior of what I saw from the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Agent last week on two of my computers, I don't feel confident that producing $1000 USD is possible in a month with those 100 agents. So that $3456 USD that MeteQuotes calculated in the payments section (Questions about payments in the MQL5 Cloud Network) doesn't even seem obtainable if you have 100 agents.
So, how many agents and at what PR does it take to make $3456 USD or more per month by running the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Agent? 500 agents? 1000 agents?
Have you had any experience with the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Agent? Or known anyone who has had good success with making money using the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Agent?
- cloud.mql5.com
Okay, okay, okay. That math you mentioned from payments section of MQL5 Cloud Network is based on the CPU working every hour, of every day, for a month, with a PR rating of 100, on a single core (aka a single agent). That scenario will never happen. In my one week of running the computers I have 24/7, I've noticed these three things (among others that are...questionable and fishy to say the least):
- Work for agents is not constantly flowing. Meaning, the computer (your agents) will not have work to do all the time.
- The work your computer\agents do get, doesn't last long.
- Some of the cores\agents on a single computer disconnect from the MQL5 cloud network. (This is questionable and fishy part.)
It's bullet point number 3 above that concerns me. Why does this happen at all? Why do the agents not reconnect? Because ultimately, if MetaQuotes is disconnecting my agents from the MQl5 Cloud Network, MetaQuotes is directly making a negative impact on how much money I can make. As far as I can tell, very far in between MQL5 forum topics, I've seen people mention this problem and there hasn't been any response from the MetaQuotes team. Almost like it's purposely being avoided. And there's no official documentation that I can find to state any straight facts on software behavior.
In any event. I've made some adjustments to my computers as an experiment for this week to test some theories.
But let's talk about some real numbers. What do you think about the plan below:
- What if I get 100 agents?
- Let's just say I can get the PR rating for those agents to be about 200 or close to it.
- How much money DOES ANYONE think I can make after 30 days of making those agents available all day?
These are all questions before a potential plan is carried out. Based on the behavior of what I saw from the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Agent last week on two of my computers, I don't feel confident that producing $1000 USD is possible in a month with those 100 agents. So that $3456 USD that MeteQuotes calculated in the payments section (Questions about payments in the MQL5 Cloud Network) doesn't even seem obtainable if you have 100 agents.
So, how many agents and at what PR does it take to make $3456 USD or more per month by running the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Agent? 500 agents? 1000 agents?
Have you had any experience with the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Agent? Or known anyone who has had good success with making money using the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Agent?
Have you heard of the law of supply and demand?
Well Mr. Alain. I guess you strategically summed that right up with that well placed one liner. Understood.
So now I'm making the plan official. But with some adjustments. I need to find how much demand there is by creating relatively sizable supply. Then adjust from there. Plan below:
- Obtain 100 agents.
- Obtain agent setups that can produce a PR of 200 or very close to it.
- All agents will be available to MQL5 cloud 24/7 for a 30 day test period.
- Payment performance will be tracked in the MQL5 Agent tab daily for the 30 day test period.
Well Mr. Alain. I guess you strategically summed that right up with that well placed one liner. Understood.
So now I'm making the plan official. But with some adjustments. I need to find how much demand there is by creating relatively sizable supply. Then adjust from there. Plan below:
- Obtain 100 agents.
- Obtain agent setups that can produce a PR of 200 or very close to it.
- All agents will be available to MQL5 cloud 24/7 for a 30 day test period.
- Payment performance will be tracked in the MQL5 Agent tab daily for the 30 day test period.
You are already a provider right ? What PR do you have ?
In the manager you can see the number of working hours for your agents. If they are available 24/24h it's easy math to evaluate the demand. My guess is : you will see your agents are working less than 1% of the time.
The demand has nothing to do with the supply you could create.
My opinion : you are losing your time, you can't earn money by investing in computers exclusively for MQL5 Cloud. If you have computers used for some other things, then you can eventually consider to provide their agents to the Cloud, depending of the electricity bill on your place, maybe you can earn some dollars.
You are already a provider right ? What PR do you have ?
In the manager you can see the number of working hours for your agents. If they are available 24/24h it's easy math to evaluate the demand. My guess is : you will see your agents are working less than 1% of the time.
The demand has nothing to do with the supply you could create.
My opinion : you are losing your time, you can't earn money by investing in computers exclusively for MQL5 Cloud. If you have computers used for some other things, then you can eventually consider to provide their agents to the Cloud, depending of the electricity bill on your place, maybe you can earn some dollars.
From that one week of running, I got just over 2 hours of work on the PCs. Which I think is so low it's sad. I'll have an update in maybe two or three more days as I get the additional computers setup and configured.
Yes, I am a provider. My PR is almost about 150 on the PCs I have now. But I just changed the configuration of my PCs to see if I can get to 200.
From that one week of running, I got just over 2 hours of work on the PCs. Which I think is so low it's sad. I'll have an update in maybe two or three more days as I get the additional computers setup and configured.
A day with 4 USD income with a PR below 200 is a VERY good result from my experience.
One late model pc, or multiple lesser/older/slower pc's, and/or a wireless internet connection.
Based on the math in Questions about payments in the MQL5 Cloud Network, I would go with at least a middle-of-the-road workstation such as a BIZON Z5000─Intel CPU, 60 cores, and 2TB RAM. 60 cores x 57.60 USD per month = 3456 USD per month. The new machine, itself, could potentially be paid off within 5 months. Remember, Metaquotes takes 10%. Also, this is key:
For the customer, the task computing cost does not depend on agent's PRs, as the payment takes into account both the execution time and the PR.
The Metaquotes example uses a processing rate of 100. I would try to exceed that with a workstation. So basically, get the fastest machine with the most memory that is within your budget. Don't forget to factor in the power expense of running the machine and its liquid cooling 24/7─hence the solar panels.
And a top-end hardwired Fiber internet connection, of course.
- Free trading apps
- Over 8,000 signals for copying
- Economic news for exploring financial markets
You agree to website policy and terms of use
Hello all.
Does anyone have any recommendations for me on ways to improve the amount of money made each day using the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Agent? I just started 5 days ago and I feel like I should be making more money per day then what I'm seeing. Is there something I'm missing?
It seems impossible to find any help, tips, or examples of others using MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Agent in the forum and even less online in general. It's like no one is using this software. Or people have stopped using it. My goal is to try this out for 30 days and see how much income I could make. But I'm wondering now if it will even cover the electricity bill afterward. Or, at best be a break even with the electricity bill.
I think I've read most if not all the documentation around using MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Agent and how the billing and payment works. I'm really curious to see what ANYONE else's experience has been.