Local network farm stopped working after updating MT5 on Ubuntu linux - page 2

 
Yasuaki Kimushigeru #:

This appears to be an issue related to using Docker containers, but I am not using Docker.


Furthermore, since the description mentions that "the agents never connect anywhere"

it seems distinct from my problem, where the agents fail to be added in the first place.

Fair enough. I shall continue digging...
 
Ryan L Johnson #:
Fair enough. I shall continue digging...

I appreciate that your intention is to help. However, this has become a recurring pattern, and I must ask you to stop posting speculative answers in areas where you lack sufficient knowledge or experience.

People come to this forum looking for reliable, informed support, not merely for search results or unverified possibilities. This is especially important nowadays, with the rise of increasingly capable search tools and AI assistants. People do not come here for human-generated hallucinations on top of those already provided by LLMs.

You are of course free to investigate any topic that interests you, but please post an answer only when you have enough relevant expertise to assess the the information properly and provide a reliable contribution. In practice, I ask that you focus primarily on questions within your actual field of competence.

Thank you for understanding.

 
Yasuaki Kimushigeru:

I found it was no longer working - possibly due to an MT5 update.

I found another thread wherein a Windows 11 user had a similar issue in January of 2026. No completed resolution was posted there, but someone suggested retroactively installing a previous Build of MT5. This is generally reserved as a last resort.

Obviously, you're not using Windows. However, you seem to suspect that an MT5 update may have been the cause. At this point, I have to suggest backing up your MQL5 [Data Folder] and "downgrading" to a previous stable Build─ideally, the last Build that was fully functional in your system. Forum Moderator, Alain Verleyen, maintains a list of previous stable Builds at https://forge.mql5.io/angevoyageur/MT5-Last-Official-Release/releases, going as far down as Build 5430.

(I'm getting the sense that you're approaching a last resort).

 
Alain Verleyen #:

I appreciate that your intention is to help. However, this has become a recurring pattern, and I must ask you to stop posting speculative answers in areas where you lack sufficient knowledge or experience.

People come to this forum looking for reliable, informed support, not merely for search results or unverified possibilities. This is especially important nowadays, with the rise of increasingly capable search tools and AI assistants. People do not come here for human-generated hallucinations on top of those already provided by LLMs.

You are of course free to investigate any topic that interests you, but please post an answer only when you have enough relevant expertise to assess the the information properly and provide a reliable contribution. In practice, I ask that you focus primarily on questions within your actual field of competence.

Thank you for understanding.

Ok. I, the human search engine, am officially doneski in this thread. Thank you, and I wish the OP good luck.
 
Yasuaki Kimushigeru #:

This appears to be an issue related to using Docker containers, but I am not using Docker.


Furthermore, since the description mentions that "the agents never connect anywhere"

it seems distinct from my problem, where the agents fail to be added in the first place.

I will check when I have some spare time.
 
Ryan L Johnson #:

I found another thread wherein a Windows 11 user had a similar issue in January of 2026. No completed resolution was posted there, but someone suggested retroactively installing a previous Build of MT5. This is generally reserved as a last resort.

Obviously, you're not using Windows. However, you seem to suspect that an MT5 update may have been the cause. At this point, I have to suggest backing up your MQL5 [Data Folder] and "downgrading" to a previous stable Build─ideally, the last Build that was fully functional in your system. Forum Moderator, Alain Verleyen, maintains a list of previous stable Builds at https://forge.mql5.io/angevoyageur/MT5-Last-Official-Release/releases, going as far down as Build 5430.

(I'm getting the sense that you're approaching a last resort).

I am taking the liberty of posting this reply.

As I stated from the beginning—"I used to use the local network farm feature on Ubuntu Linux"—it is only natural that it works in older versions, and that is not what I am looking for.

The thread appears active, so it might seem to everyone that a solution is in sight; however, there has been absolutely no progress on this issue so far.

I wanted to clarify this point to avoid any misunderstanding.

Thanks.

 

What type of installation do you have ? Custom or using the script provided on this site ?

My config :

2026.08.18 19:54:57.178 Terminal MetaTrader 5 x64 build 6120 started for MetaQuotes Ltd.
2026.08.18 19:54:57.178 Terminal Windows 11 build 22000 on Wine 11.12 Linux 7.0.0-29-generic, 14 x Intel Core Ultra 7 255U, AVX2, 24 / 30 Gb memory, 237 / 302 Gb disk, GMT-5

All running correctly :


 
Alain Verleyen #:

What type of installation do you have ? Custom or using the script provided on this site ?

My config :

2026.08.18 19:54:57.178 Terminal MetaTrader 5 x64 build 6120 started for MetaQuotes Ltd.
2026.08.18 19:54:57.178 Terminal Windows 11 build 22000 on Wine 11.12 Linux 7.0.0-29-generic, 14 x Intel Core Ultra 7 255U, AVX2, 24 / 30 Gb memory, 237 / 302 Gb disk, GMT-5

All running correctly :


I am using a custom script, and I was running the Local Network Farm on a VPS.

I tried launching the Local Network Farm on my local PC, it noticed that it worked without issues.

This suggests the problem might be environment-specific.

Here are the results of running `lscpu` on the VPS:

Architecture:                x86_64
  CPU op-mode(s):            32-bit, 64-bit
  Address sizes:             40 bits physical, 57 bits virtual
  Byte Order:                Little Endian
CPU(s):                      3
  On-line CPU(s) list:       0-2
Vendor ID:                   GenuineIntel
  Model name:                Intel Xeon Processor (Icelake)
    CPU family:              6
    Model:                   134
    Thread(s) per core:      1
    Core(s) per socket:      1
    Socket(s):               3
    Stepping:                0
    BogoMIPS:                4000.00
    Flags:                   fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_go
                             od nopl xtopology cpuid tsc_known_freq pni pclmulqdq vmx ssse3 fma cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c
                             rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm abm 3dnowprefetch cpuid_fault invpcid_single ssbd ibrs ibpb stibp ibrs_enhanced tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid ept_a
                             d fsgsbase tsc_adjust bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid avx512f avx512dq rdseed adx smap avx512ifma clflushopt clwb avx512cd sha_ni avx512bw avx512vl
                             xsaveopt xsavec xgetbv1 xsaves avx_vnni avx512_bf16 wbnoinvd arat avx512vbmi umip pku ospke waitpkg avx512_vbmi2 gfni vaes vpclmulqdq avx512_vnni avx
                             512_bitalg avx512_vpopcntdq la57 rdpid cldemote movdiri movdir64b fsrm md_clear arch_capabilities
Virtualization features:
  Virtualization:            VT-x
  Hypervisor vendor:         KVM
  Virtualization type:       full
Caches (sum of all):
  L1d:                       96 KiB (3 instances)
  L1i:                       96 KiB (3 instances)
  L2:                        12 MiB (3 instances)
  L3:                        48 MiB (3 instances)
NUMA:
  NUMA node(s):              1
  NUMA node0 CPU(s):         0-2
Vulnerabilities:
  Gather data sampling:      Not affected
  Indirect target selection: Mitigation; Aligned branch/return thunks
  Itlb multihit:             Not affected
  L1tf:                      Not affected
  Mds:                       Not affected
  Meltdown:                  Not affected
  Mmio stale data:           Vulnerable: Clear CPU buffers attempted, no microcode; SMT Host state unknown
  Reg file data sampling:    Vulnerable: No microcode
  Retbleed:                  Not affected
  Spec rstack overflow:      Not affected
  Spec store bypass:         Mitigation; Speculative Store Bypass disabled via prctl and seccomp
  Spectre v1:                Mitigation; usercopy/swapgs barriers and __user pointer sanitization
  Spectre v2:                Mitigation; Enhanced / Automatic IBRS; IBPB conditional; PBRSB-eIBRS Not affected; BHI SW loop, KVM SW loop
  Srbds:                     Not affected
  Tsa:                       Not affected
  Tsx async abort:           Mitigation; TSX disabled
  Vmscape:                   Not affected


From a different perspective, could it be that the Local Network Farm has restricted execution on VPS environments starting from a certain version?

I’m not sure if this is related, but the MQL5 Cloud Network (selling computing resources) became unavailable on VPS environments at some point.

 
Yasuaki Kimushigeru #:
I am using a custom script, and I was running the Local Network Farm on a VPS.

I tried launching the Local Network Farm on my local PC, it noticed that it worked without issues.

This suggests the problem might be environment-specific.

Here are the results of running `lscpu` on the VPS:



From a different perspective, could it be that the Local Network Farm has restricted execution on VPS environments starting from a certain version?

I’m not sure if this is related, but the MQL5 Cloud Network (selling computing resources) became unavailable on VPS environments at some point.

Local Network Farm on a VPS ?

How could that be "local" ?

 
Yasuaki Kimushigeru:

Hello,

I used to use the local network farm feature on Ubuntu Linux. When I tried to run it again after a while, I found it was no longer working - possibly due to an MT5 update.


- Symptoms
Clicking the "Add" button for an agent in the "Services" tab of MetaTester 5 Agents Manager produces no response, and no agent is added.

- Environment
OS: Ubuntu 24.04.04 LTS
Wine: wine-10.0
MT5: MetaTrader 5 Version 5.00 build 6090 (31 Jul 2026)

- Potentially clue
With an older version of MT5, clicking the "Add" button used to display error messages like the following (though they no longer appear in the current version):

0164:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
Unit MetaTester-2.service could not be found.
015c:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
016c:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
Unit MetaTester-1.service could not be found.
Unit MetaTester-3.service could not be found.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

This issue has been fixed from B6118. Currently last beta is 6120.

Recommendation from MQ developers :

It's best not to experiment with running services as root with a different prefix, as this could kill the hypervisor's network interface and freeze the terminal.