Is mt4/mt5 soon to be unavailable to the US?

I got an email from my broker saying mt4/mt5 will no longer be available after April 24. Is this true? And why?

John Suka:
I got an email from my broker saying mt4/mt5 will no longer be available after April 24. Is this true? And why?

find another broker if that happen

John Suka:
Prop firms on MT4&MT5 have been booted. An entire platform though?

John Suka:

If this applies to private customers only simply start a small home office company ;) Ask your broker and your tax consultants about this!

As far as I know this is about US brokers that aren't properly regulated and not for all US brokers and the MetaTrader platform.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

As far as I know this is about US brokers that aren't properly regulated and not for all US brokers and the MetaTrader platform.

Yes, that's right.

------------------

Some more general information:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Meta 5 for US trading

Fernando Carreiro, 2021.08.03 18:19

Instead of looking on Google, why not contact the US regulators and ask them for a listing of retail brokers and then follow up to see which ones have MT5:

As for the USA regulation itself, the trading and Forex industry is overseen by the two main authorities while all US Brokers must be registered with the NFA (National Futures Association) or CFTC (Commodity Futures Trading Commission). NFA website: www.nfa.futures.org and CFTC Website: www.cftc.gov

Reason: