Mt5 GUI Freeze during optimization using local network agents

Hi everyone,

for several days now, I've been experiencing problems with my MT5 during optimization runs: In addition to the local agents, I use Local Network Agents on several computers. This has always worked well, but for about 2 weeks, after an MT5 update was installed, I've had the problem that the GUI of my MT5 freezes and stops responding after I start an optimization run using Local Agents. You can also see that the own cores often do not start working immediately but only after some delay, which I have never seen before. If you click around on the GUI a bit, it eventually freezes completely. If you let it run, it seems to recover after a while, but sometimes it does not. The CPU is still heavily utilized, as if the cores are still being used. I have already cleared the cache in the Tester directory, but it has not led to any change.

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing the problem? What else can I do?

I found some reply (seems, it is related to the latest build of MT5) -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

New MetaTrader 5 platform build 4230: More built-in applications and expanded ONNX support

Vinicius Barenho Pereira, 2024.03.15 17:22

I'm thrilled to share my recent experience with the latest updates regarding local agents optimization

Initially, I noticed a first slow optimization after implementing the update. However, I took proactive steps to address the issue:

• Ensured that my local agents were kept up to date. Fortunately, our system streamlines this process by automatically updating local agents upon initiating an optimization;
  • Conducted a quick reboot of my local network machines to refresh system resources;
  • Recompiled my expert advisor to the latest build, ensuring seamless compatibility with the updated environment.

I'm delighted to report that my optimization times are now comparable to those of previous builds.

I'd like to extend my heartfelt appreciation to Alexey and the entire MetaQuotes team for their unwavering support throughout this problem.

Thank you for your continued assistance and commitment to excellence.

yes thanks for the hint.... this tread adresses that problem...
Reason: