Zero Slippage

Hello,

I have a question in regards to the metatrader slippage parameter.

My script sent a close order message at 20:13:42 to close the position at 1.9475.
The trade was accepted, and closed at 1.9479. A difference of -4 pips.

When the slippage parameter is set to zero, does this mean, "close the trade at the current market price" or "close the trade with zero slippage?".

Thank you,

Matt

When the slippage parameter is set to zero, does this mean, "close the trade at the current market price" or "close the trade with zero slippage?".

Both are same,
Here is my experience of slippage after 2 years trading using metatrader platform.
Actualy the slippage used for those time that market is crazy(The price moving fast) and it suppose to close your order with the maximum of slippage No. difference from the current price.

First condition for slippage: you request a close for the order and after requesting the market moves to your profit side. at this time the order will be closed immediatelly. even it does not consider the slippage No. and close the order with the automatic zero slippage.

Second condition for slippage: you request a close and the price goes fast to the loss side. here even sometimes the slippage of 10 also does not work. and i think there is a default value for each broker for slippage so the 0 slippage sometimes on some brokers is useless.

Note: TP and SL get filled on the next available price, regardless of slippage setting.
Reason: