Spread affecting EA finding opportunities in the market

Hello everyone,

while operating with my expert advisor, I noticed that in brokers where the spread is more than 30 points (forex) the EA finds less opportunities to enter the market, compared to brokers in which the spread is less than 10 points.

It can be noticed also in the strategy tester. If I use a bigger spread, less operations opened.

The criteria to find new positions are a mixture of indicators values. Here an example of how i code RSI:

double RSI_tf1   =iRSI(NULL,Timeframe_1,14,PRICE_CLOSE,0);
double RSI_tf2   =iRSI(NULL,Timeframe_2,14,PRICE_CLOSE,0);
double RSI_tf3   =iRSI(NULL,Timeframe_3,14,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

Do you know how it would be possible to fix it in a way that the same number of operations would be opened without letting the spread affecting it?

Thank you very much

michaelmortini:

Hello everyone,

while operating with my expert advisor, I noticed that in brokers where the spread is more than 30 points (forex) the EA finds less opportunities to enter the market, compared to brokers in which the spread is less than 10 points.

It can be noticed also in the strategy tester. If I use a bigger spread, less operations opened.

The criteria to find new positions are a mixture of indicators values. Here an example of how i code RSI:

Do you know how it would be possible to fix it in a way that the same number of operations would be opened without letting the spread affecting it?

Thank you very much

You can’t avoid the spread it’s part of trading.  Choose your broker accordingly 
Reason: