Max Bars in Chart

I changed Max bars in chart from default 100,000 to 1,000 but it still shows way more than 1,000 bars. What am I doing wrong? Is it because those bars are already loaded in the cache? How do I empty the cache?

Also, on a different note:

What advantage do I gain by having this setting at its maximum which says Unlimited vs. minimum which is 1,000 bars? What are the pros and cons of each? Thank you.

You need to restart your MT4/5 terminal after the change.

Eleni Anna Branou #:
You need to restart your MT4/5 terminal after the change.
Wow, you're right, it worked, thanks. May I also ask what the PROS and CONS of going to the two extremes are? Especially the lower extreme which is 1,000 bars.

new.metatrader #:
Wow, you're right, it worked, thanks. May I also ask what the PROS and CONS of going to the two extremes are? Especially the lower extreme which is 1,000 bars.

If you are using an indicator or EA that requires only recent data and its quite complex, you don't need to keep thousands or millions of bars loaded on your charts, slowing your terminal and system down.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

If you are using an indicator or EA that requires only recent data and its quite complex, you don't need to keep thousands or millions of bars loaded on your charts, slowing your terminal and system down.

You're right, thank you for the response. I appreciate it.

Reason: