Is EA or MT4 Stoploss more effective in closing trade based on news?

So basically anyone trade news knows that no matter what SL you had set, the news will wipe them out with their slippage. I wonder what if I use EA to close a trade based on the the account loss? for ex: close this trade if its profit is -4. By using this way, is it better to handle high impact news spread compared to traditional SL ? or does it still get wiped and it's even worse? any thoughts guys?

La Toi:
So basically anyone trade news knows that no matter what SL you had set, the news will wipe them out with their slippage. I wonder what if I use EA to close a trade based on the the account loss? for ex: close this trade if its profit is -4. By using this way, is it better to handle high impact news spread compared to traditional SL ? or does it still get wiped and it's even worse? any thoughts guys?
Simple said:

Your EA will always be only reacting, while a broker side SL will be acting.

The moment your SL gets triggered, it's execution is already on the server, inside the match making engine.

Your EA will be informed of the price change after the price has changed (to or beyond your SL), then the EA may place an order, which will get queued up at the match making algorithm.

Your EA will be slower, no matter what you do.

Proof of this: try changing an SL the moment price level has reached your SL value (and your broker has no freeze levels). You will always fail to do so, because it has already executed by the time your change request reaches the server.

Dominik Egert #:
Simple said:

Your EA will always be only reacting, while a broker side SL will be acting.

The moment your SL gets triggered, it's execution is already on the server, inside the match making engine.

Your EA will be informed of the price change after the price has changed (to or beyond your SL), then the EA may place an order, which will get queued up at the match making algorithm.

Your EA will be slower, no matter what you do.

Proof of this: try changing an SL the moment price level has reached your SL value (and your broker has no freeze levels). You will always fail to do so, because it has already executed by the time your change request reaches the server.

now I understood, thank you so much for the answer

Reason: