Discussing the article: "How to create a simple Multi-Currency Expert Advisor using MQL5 (Part 6): Two RSI indicators cross each other's lines"

Check out the new article: How to create a simple Multi-Currency Expert Advisor using MQL5 (Part 6): Two RSI indicators cross each other's lines.

The multi-currency expert advisor in this article is an expert advisor or trading robot that uses two RSI indicators with crossing lines, the Fast RSI which crosses with the Slow RSI.

Multi-currency Expert Advisor is an Expert Advisor or trading robot that can trade (open orders, close orders and manage orders, for example: Trailing Stop Loss and Trailing Profit) for more than 1 symbol pair from only one symbol chart, where in this article Expert Advisor will trade for 30 pairs.
In this article we will use two RSI indicators with crossing signals, Fast RSI crossing with Slow RSI.

As has been proven in previous articles, we all know that multi-currency trading is already possible with the power, capabilities and facilities provided by MQL5, both in the trading terminal and in the strategy tester.

With the aim of meeting the important needs of traders who want an efficient and effective trading robot, so by relying on the power, capabilities and facilities provided by the very reliable MQL5, we can think of various ideas and strategies to create a simple multi-currency expert advisor, where in this article we will use Two RSI indicators cross each other's lines.

Author: Roberto Jacobs

Thanks for the insightful knowledge on multi-currency pairs.

Daniel Opoku #:

Thanks for the insightful knowledge on multi-currency pairs.

Thank you also for your appreciation.

The best of praise for the author spending time on accomplishing this education source material.

So well structured and a treasure for example code and inspiration in own endeavors.

In case of improved MQL5 skills I especially benefit from the class based programming style in transitioning myself to that model.

Gunnar Forsgren #:

The best of praise for the author spending time on accomplishing this education source material.

So well structured and a treasure for example code and inspiration in own endeavors.

In case of improved MQL5 skills I especially benefit from the class based programming style in transitioning myself to that model.

Thank you for your support, but until now I am still trying to improve my programming skills by learning from many great moderators and programmers in MQL5.

First of all, thank you very much for putting such a thorough and good job in the Mutli currency Expert Advisor series of articles that has inspired at least to me the interest of getting a much more robust strategy design development process into account. Since the rational of having Multi Currency, Multi timeframes bring the additional opportunity of having to test multiple Expert Advisors. I wonder if it were possible for you to structure the Multi Currency, Multi timeframe source code for a generic Expect Advisor (i.e. based on the class MCEA as generic interface), which it could lead us to use the "The Strategy pattern" from the GoF Design patterns where you could take a derived class (e.g. name by the magic number of each new concrete Expert Advisor) that does something specific in a lot of different ways and extract all of these algorithms into separate classes called strategies (i.e in our case Expert Advisors). As you already know and just for the benefit of the MQL5 community, The original class (i.e your original Multi Currency, Multi timeframe "Generic" MCEA class), called context, must have a field for storing a reference to one of the new strategies. And in this design pattern the context delegates the work to a linked strategy object instead of executing it on its own. And what's more, The context isn’t responsible for selecting an appropriate algorithm for the job. Instead, the client passes the desired strategy to the context. In fact, the context doesn’t know much about strategies which we will bring us the benefit to isolate the code, internal data, and dependencies of various algorithms from the rest of the code. Various clients get a simple interface to execute the algorithms and switch them at runtime. It works with all strategies through the same generic interface, which only exposes a few methods as generic interface (i.e. Magic_Number_MCEA_Config(), ExpertActionTrade(), GetOpenPosition(), OpenBuy(), OpenSell(), etc... ) for triggering the algorithm encapsulated within the selected strategy. This way the context becomes independent of concrete strategies, so you can add new algorithms or modify existing ones without changing the code of the context or other strategies. I encourage you and the rest of the Metaquotes team to address in opportunity in a robust and generic way for the benefit of the complete MQL5 trading community. Once again, thank you very much for flawless and quick support.

Thank you Roberto for this EA of the two crossing RSI's. I tried attaching to my MT4 programme however I was not successful. Is this EA built for MT5?

liane.blane #:

Thank you Roberto for this EA of the two crossing RSI's. I tried attaching to my MT4 programme however I was not successful. Is this EA built for MT5?

From the title you can read that this program was created using MQL5.

Reason: