Data Mismatch

Does anyone know how to explain why iOpen does not return proper values when called from another chart. For example if I use iOpen from a single chart across many pairs the data does not return proper open prices. However, if I add an EA to all charts then will get proper values. I would really like to get around this because is cumbersome to open all the charts and have an EA on each chart, is also a waste of resources. Have been polling data to another program and starting to think the data is not being read correctly as well through strategy tester. Infrequently am receiving incorrect values even when using only a single chart but this is a seperate issue.  

You should use GetLastError for possible errors. Usually when you want to load data from another chart(whether another symbol or another time frame) this issue occurs. It takes time to load data form another chart. You should check the errors and just return in case you have error.

Hi,

Thanks for the response but that’s not the issue have been programming EA’s everyday for over a year. I don’t have any direct errors it just seems like the data is not being accessed properly say 20-30% of the time. I created a scanner in MT4 which I no longer have but would only display correct values if was on all the charts/symbols in the scanner. For instance, I couldn’t place EA on a single chart and have 100% accurate data across all the chart symbols.
Reason: