why can not see indicators in indicator folder?!!! - page 2

this happend to me few times. but each time it was caused by different antivirus or windows smartscreen.

if smartscreen blocked the file, then there is nothing you can do but get a previously clean and working file, and then add that file to a new install of mtx

If your antivirus blocked the file, then you may be able to unblock it in the antivirus program. in my case it was windows defender/antivirus, and in settings was a page to unblock the file, but it still does not appear in that mtx install. I had to copy that file to a new install of mtx.

good luck.

Revo Trades #:

this happend to me few times. but each time it was caused by different antivirus or windows smartscreen.

if smartscreen blocked the file, then there is nothing you can do but get a previously clean and working file, and then add that file to a new install of mtx

If your antivirus blocked the file, then you may be able to unblock it in the antivirus program. in my case it was windows defender/antivirus, and in settings was a page to unblock the file, but it still does not appear in that mtx install. I had to copy that file to a new install of mtx.

good luck.

I copied files to a news folder with different name, deleted old folder and now it shows. 

BUT I created a new folder with different name too and copied files in new created folder. IT DOES NOT SHOW this new created FOLDER ITSELF!

I never had this problem before.

Vladislav Boyko #:

Now your screenshot shows .ex4 files for all three indicators.

Refresh the terminal navigator or restart the terminal.

After this, the indicators should be available in the terminal navigator.

[EDIT]

It can not be so.

Open the data folder from the corresponding terminal menu and make sure that the indicators are there (MQL4 -> Indicators)

Yes I had this test! still same problem.

Revo Trades #:

good luck.

I find a solution for this. 

If I cut most of my indicators from indicator folder to somewhere else, it will be ok. 

I am not sure about number of files in indicator (and may be EA) folder but it seems it has a limit and when exceeds, won't show any new file unless you delete one or two.

Mahdi Ebrahimzadeh #:

I find a solution for this. 

If I cut most of my indicators from indicator folder to somewhere else, it will be ok. 

I am not sure about number of files in indicator (and may be EA) folder but it seems it has a limit and when exceeds, won't show any new file unless you delete one or two.

weird, but come to think of it, when i have same issue, i have a long list of files too. Thanks for continuing to give report.

And -- like i said i had to move some files to a new terminal, so that could match with what you have found. movign a few files would do same thing that you did.

Sometimes, having too many can cause these issues.

At least thats what I got from finding answers when it first happened to me.

Over 700-1000 and it might screw things over a bit.

Michael A #:

Sometimes, having too many can cause these issues.

At least thats what I got from finding answers when it first happened to me.

Over 700-1000 and it might screw things over a bit.

ok. well mine never get above 50, or i go nuts just scrolling thru them haha

Revo Trades #:

ok. well mine never get above 50, or i go nuts just scrolling thru them haha

as per my last experience, that limit is not for single folder. it is for all files in all metatrader folders. as i transferred many files from a very high numbered folder but it did not worked. after transferring out of mtatrader main folder it just worked. then may be that number is higher like 1000-2000. but for sure there is a limit.

Mahdi Ebrahimzadeh #:

as per my last experience, that limit is not for single folder. it is for all files in all metatrader folders. as i transferred many files from a very high numbered folder but it did not worked. after transferring out of mtatrader main folder it just worked. then may be that number is higher like 1000-2000. but for sure there is a limit.

have you tested that new terminal that you moved the files to?

Revo Trades #:

have you tested that new terminal that you moved the files to?

I transferred big part of old files from my metatrader to a folder like on desktop. I did not test if I copy all indicators/EAs to another terminal that will encounter same problem or not?!

now my metatrader is working fine. 

Reason: